Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

please read Monsanto is at it again

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1please read Monsanto is at it again Empty please read Monsanto is at it again Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got his email and I think its awful. I signed the petition.

--------------------------
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:39:37 -0400
To: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
From: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Subject: Monsanto vs. Mother Earth

Dear Avaazers,

It’s unbelievable, but Monsanto and Co. are at it again. These profit-hungry biotech companies have found a way to exclusively ‘own’ something that freely belongs to us all -- our food! But if we can pressure key European countries to slam the patent door shut on their destructive plans, we can stop this attack on our food. Help build the biggest food defense call ever by clicking here:

It’s unbelievable, but Monsanto and Co. are at it again. These profit-hungry biotech companies have found a way to exclusively ‘own’ something that freely belongs to us all -- our food! They’re trying to patent away our everyday vegetables and fruits like cucumber, broccoli and melons, forcing growers to pay them and risk being sued if they don’t.

But we can stop them from buying up Mother Earth. Companies like Monsanto have found loopholes in European law to get away with this, so we just need to close them shut before they set a dangerous global precedent. And to do that, we need key countries like Germany, France and the Netherlands -- where opposition is already growing -- to call for a vote to stop Monsanto’s plans. The Avaaz community has shifted governments before, and we can do it again.

Many farmers and politicians are already against this -- we just need to bring in people power to pressure these countries to keep Monsanto’s hands off our food. Sign now and share with everyone to help build the biggest food defense call ever:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once a patent exists in one country, trade agreements and negotiations often push other countries to honour it as well. That's why these food patents change everything about how our food chain works: for thousands of years, farmers could choose which seeds they’d use without worrying about getting sued for violating intellectual property rights. But now, companies launch expensive legal campaigns to buy patents on conventional plants and force farmers to pay exorbitant royalty fees. Monsanto and Co. claim that patents drive innovation -- but in fact they create a corporate monopoly of our food.

But luckily, the European Patent Office is controlled by 38 member states who, with one vote, can end dangerous patents on food that is bred using conventional methods. Even the European Parliament has issued a statement objecting to these kinds of destructive patents. Now, a massive wave of public outcry could push them to ban the patenting of our everyday food for good.

The situation is dire already -- Monsanto alone owns 36% of all tomato, 32% of sweet pepper and 49% of cauliflower varieties registered in the EU. With a simple regulatory change, we could protect our food, our farmers and our planet from corporate control -- and it's up to us to make it happen:

The Avaaz community has never been afraid to stand up to corporate capture of our institutions, from pushing back the Rupert Murdoch mafia, to helping ensure that telecoms keep their hands off our Internet. Now it’s time to defend our food supply from this corporate takeover.

With hope and determination,

Jeremy, Michelle, Oli, Dalia, Pascal, Ricken, Diego and the whole Avaaz team

2please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

97,863 people have already signed the petition

3please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This has been on-going. How do we stop them? The petitions don't help when they own the law-makers.

4please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

A petition is better than not doing anything. Last time I signed one of these I help stop a whale hunt. It can't hurt to sign.
Geri

5please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I sign them, too. My thought is, at least they know some of us are aware and care.
It just seems with big companies like Monsanto, they can buy the people who are supposed to regulate them.
Guess I just wish everyone were loving and honest.

6please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 am

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I signed it, and posted it on my Facebook. Vast majority of people are too self-involved to even wonder why they should sign it, and learn about the issue at all.

7please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

JUst got an email

"One million against Monsanto patents in 36 hours! let's build the biggest petition to stop Monsanto ever. Sign now and tell everyone."

8please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Monsanto must be stopped. They have been buying up seed copmpanies for years and are putting the terminator gene in the seeds. Control the food control the owrld Evil or Very Mad

9please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I always asked myself wether Monsanto owned Kraft because soy is in all their products. Well now I know for sure. The following is a list of companies owned by Monsanto. Pretty soon they will own all our food.
Aunt Jemima
Aurora foods
banquet
Best foods
Betty crocker
bisquick
cadbury
campbells
capri sun
carnation
chef boyardee
coca cola
conagra
delicious brand cookies
duncan hines
famous amos
frito lay
general mills
green giant
healthy choice
heinz
hellmans
hersey's nestle
holsum
hormel
hungry jack
hunts
interstate bakeries
jiffy
kc masterpiece
keebler/flowers industries
kellogs
kid cuisine
knorr
kool aid
kraft/phillip morris
lean cuisine
lipton
lorna linda
marie callenders
minute made
morningstar
ms butterworths
nabisco
nature valley
ocean spray
ore ida
orville rettenbacher
pasta roni
pepperidge farms
pepsi
pillsbury
pop secret
post cereals
power bar brand
prego pasta sauce
pringles
proctor and gamble
quaker
ragu sauce
rice a roni
smart ones
stouffers
sweppes
tombstone pizza
totinos
uncle bens
unilever
v8

yeah I typed it all whew!

10please read Monsanto is at it again Empty Re: please read Monsanto is at it again Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

the list is from

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum