Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Weather-have you got it, are you getting it?

+8
Magdelan
rosewood
vic's chicks
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
smokyriver
lady leghorn
coopslave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Gee Sue, pull a sickie? surely they will understand.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magdelan wrote:Gee Sue, pull a sickie?  surely they will understand.  
Many do. I will not. I need to wake up and if I can't get out I will have to start shovelling.

If you don't go in, you don't get paid.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Magdelan wrote:Gee Sue, pull a sickie?  surely they will understand.  
Many do.  I will not.  I need to wake up and if I can't get out I will have to start shovelling.

If you don't go in, you don't get paid.
got ya. wishing you the best with it Smile 

Sounds like winter is here. I'm down at the lower mainland and it's rainy/snowy here. The main highway over the mountains to get home looks like a disaster, and I have to drive it tomorrow, so I'm hoping that high pressure system I saw on the radar hurries up and settles (even with the attendant cold) so the snow plows can get caught up. I don't love the cold but I dislike driving steep, high mountain passes in a blizzard!!

I imagine all the animals will be needing extra feed and shelter this week (in my region). Stay safe everyone!

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

farmchiq wrote:Sounds like winter is here.  I'm down at the lower mainland and it's rainy/snowy here.  The main highway over the mountains to get home looks like a disaster, and I have to drive it tomorrow, so I'm hoping that high pressure system I saw on the radar hurries up and settles (even with the attendant cold) so the snow plows can get caught up.  I don't love the cold but I dislike driving steep, high mountain passes in a blizzard!!

I imagine all the animals will be needing extra feed and shelter this week (in my region).  Stay safe everyone!
will you be coming back over Manning Park? Hope it is a safe journey for you, go well.

No, I'll be on Hwy. 5, the Coquihalla. Thank you - I appreciate that. I'm hoping for a safe, uneventful trip too. If only because I'm down here working and I'd be SO ticked if I pranged my pretty car on a work mission. Booo!!

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

farmchiq wrote:No, I'll be on Hwy. 5, the Coquihalla.  Thank you - I appreciate that.  I'm hoping for a safe, uneventful trip too.  If only because I'm down here working and I'd be SO ticked if I pranged my pretty car on a work mission.  Booo!!
we have never been that way but hear it can be bad too. Hope it is a smooth trip back and you have lovely hot meal waiting for you.

I doubt there'll be a hot meal but there will be some very happy dogs waiting for me! cheers 

Yes the Coq can be very bad when it's bad, but it's much quicker when it's good, and as it's such a major corridor, it gets a lot of attention from the road maintenance company. It should be fine. Thank you for the warm dinner wishes. xo

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmchiq, go the #1 home. The one where you go to Hope and then head northward that way, following the river. When we go to the coast now, and the Coquihalla is dici (you know that highway can have such sudden weather changes going up Box Canyon) (the hill that has the big tunnel at the bottom), we go up the canyon highway. It takes about an hour longer, but you don't have the Coquihalla high mountain passes, and it is much more safe. That is our route down if we have to go in winter. Don't even think about the Coquihalla unless a PROMISE of decent driving is in the works. Something to think about, girl. Take that extra hour, worth every minute and it is a beautiful drive through Boston Bar and northward...take care, safe travels, my friend, and a wish for a safe and wonderful day for us all, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

School has been cancelled here. From what I understand that never really happens. Usually the buses are called off but school is still open and you have to find a way to get to work.

Hubby coming home from work yesterday, he only has about 8km to come, said it was crazy on the roads. People in the ditch and we live on a fairly quiet road. Some drifts were so big the dually barely got thru. I bet our driveway will be fun for him this morning. I am glad I don't have to navigate the roads today.

I plan to spend my day shovelling snow. I will take a picture of the chicken pens before I start. Crazy how much snow is in them. I even shoveled the before work yesterday.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I usually would have left for school an hour ago, but no busses, so I am making it a leisurely morning before I go and dig myself out.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have about an inch of fresh snow. No biggie.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I made it to school...barely. No kids but I have a poop load of work due to my assignment changing so, two thumbs up here!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum