Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the weather......on my....

+6
calliope
KathyS
rosewood
fuzzylittlefriend
Island Girl
coopslave
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1the weather......on my.... Empty the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just had a look at the extended forecast and we are in for some temps that are WAY below normal.....sigh....

The "S" word is forecast for the next 9 days. Of course they say it is mixed with rain, which I suppose we need, but I am never really ready for winter.

Sorry everyone, here comes the season that you have to listen to me whinge and whine about the weather and being cold. Rolling Eyes

I guess I had better get my rear in gear and get the hoses all rolled up and the power down to the chooks. Still have the beets, carrots and a few potatoes that have to come up. Sounds like it is going to be a busy weekend for me.

2the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, just had a look at some places in AB and you guys are in for it too. I guess it had to happen eventually.

3the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I haven't even planted my garlic yet, I'm glad that others still have a few chores that need to get done out there. We have needed all this rain on the Island but yes I was wishing for just 1 more nice day to get things done. The long range forecast for here shows rain almost everyday for the next couple of weeks.

XOX Monika

4the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am just hoping it stays away until end of next weekend so the kids, chickens, 4 ducks and I can get over the mountins to chilliwack for the show! Its a questionable time of year for mountin travel. PLus my husband has been watching episode after episode of highway through hell so the thought of winter driving is not too appealing!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

5the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am feeling a bit the same Fuzzy. We have a show in Langley on Oct 27 and I am not sure we want to drag 2 horses over the mountains if it is going to be bad!

6the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:29 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's raining here today which was needed. The planes were putting down fire retardant just on the other side of the mountain to the east of us last week. The next few days are to be rainy. We still have lots of things to do outside before winter including digging up the carrots. I took muy wife in to emerg at Kamloops early this morning. She has pneumonia so we are not doing much for a bit anyways. We have a mix of rain and that other stuff in the forecast next week.

7the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the heads up, Coopslave. Reading your post this morning prompted me to get off my butt and put away the last of the flower pots and the little garden fountain. That's all I'll get to today since I have to run kids to appointments so I guess I'll save digging the remaining carrots and beets for when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing!! Cold

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

8the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 pm

calliope

calliope

I'm sure the white stuff won't stick around just yet, Coopie (will it?)

Rosewood, hope your wife is feeling better!

9the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosewood, hope your wife is feeling better!

She is feeling better, but we are both into a few days of rest-flu, sneezes, and coughs.

It is rainy here and the cattle yard is now perfect for manure skiing.

10the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:
It is rainy here and the cattle yard is now perfect for manure skiing.

What a picture you have conjured up, thanks for the morning chuckle, smiling big smiles. Careful out there, and do baby your Gal, I know you will. She sounds like she is pretty sick, never had pneumonia, but think it must be a nasty.

Rain, rain, rain, more rain, pouring and more pouring. I HATE rain. I want the sunshine back. We are sitting about 8 degrees right now, at 6:00 AM. I don't think we have cold like you have Coopslave coming, yet...but I am sure it is a couple of weeks around the corner now too. I remember in fall of November in 2010, the Vernon Pigeon and Poultry club had a show in Armstrong, it would have been around the first week of November. I had entered a bird or two and it was snowing, hard and awful. My first introduction to this area of winter and it was darn hard to have been initiated that way, smiling. Ya, so we could have snow coming pretty soon too. Blah....Only good thing about snow is my little white puppies that love to play in the wonderful sandbox of the horse arena, they will stay white instead of grey with sand. The big white. Have a fantastic day, CynthiaM.

11the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:00 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

It has been raining here too for the last 2 days. It is eventually supposed to stop. Our temp has been flucuating from 3 - 8 C. Burning firewood already. The farmers almanac says we aren't really going to be getting any snow until mid november.

12the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:03 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I heard that too Ruffled.
Supposed to be a drier than normal winter with much colder conditions. According to the fellow on the radio the other day, the Arctic will be warmer and that means that BC will be in the deep freeze. Not sure how that works, but he is supposed to be the expert. Many days of -25C in Kelowna he was saying and that is not good for us as we are usually a good 5 degrees cooler than the big 'K'.

13the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thats cold for K-Town!! Oh man there are gonna be some unhappy ok'ers. I must say I am happy with it being drier than normal, last yr we had massive snow and the ground never dried up this yr which is odd for us. Usually it drys out enough for us to re-dig our pond and this yr no way.

Last edited by Ruffledfeathers on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : apparently I am terrible at sentences LOL)

14the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 pm

lazyfarmer

SNOW is here: 5 inches heavy wet snow today, focast for 6 inches tonite. Stuck in my yard, roads are good as most of the vehicles are in the ditch or stuck on the hills. Maximum speed 50k, so I am told by some brave fools who just can't stay home.

15the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lazyfarmer, you can keep ALL of that to yourself!!!

16the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Raining hard here tonight with some pea sized hail during a thunderstorm earlier today. Up until Monday we apparently had a wildfire not far from us, but after the last couple days it must be a very wet wildfire.

17the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

calliope

calliope

Here in the banana belt we had an overcast morning, plus 6 C, changing to a beautiful sunny sunny autumn afternoon, high of 17 C, with brisk winds from about 4 to 6 pm. Now it's a clear sky and plus 6 C.

18the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 am

lazyfarmer

Oh Coopslave and everyone else, you all know me as a kind and sharing soul. I will be sharing this wonderful snow with everyone in the next little while. I WILL NOT be using that unreliable Canada post or Greyhound for this special deivery OH NO, I will give FREE delivery by air to everyone. Now don't go around telling people that Lazyfarmer is not willing to share his great fortune.

19the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I thank you for not sharing here last night. We have cattle to deliver today. I am sure we will hit snow on the pass, but at least we don't have it when we are starting out. Rolling Eyes

You are a kind, loveing soul to share so easily Lazyfarmer.....wish there was a sarcasm smiley!!!!! Wink

20the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:46 am

lazyfarmer

No really I have already sent a lot of this wonderful white stuff off to everyone else, by prepaid air freight. I sure hope to arrives undamaged and lasts a long time. If it does arrive damaged, caused by faulty delivery, please let me know immediatly and I will resend more, free of charge and will include a free bonus of high winds.

21the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Lazyfarmer thank you so much for sharing but really you didn't have tOO Burr

Ours started last nite and apparently hasn't stopped:(

22the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:56 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

OH yes, big snow last night. Husband called to tell me. I am in Toronto wearing a suit. Do you know the leaves are still all on the trees here in Toronto? Looks so pretty - unlike home where a big wind carried all but the last of them away last week.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

23the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

You just had to rub it in didn't you. Bad Heda Laughing

Ah well it was in the works anyways.

It finally stopped here but looking at the horizon its going to let loose here again.

24the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:15 am

lazyfarmer

Well I learned that air frieght is as slow as the rest. If you remember I sent that wonderful snow to everyone on Oct 20th. I am dismayed it took this long for you to recieve it. I am definitly asking for a refund!!!

25the weather......on my.... Empty Re: the weather......on my.... Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:05 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

If only hey.

We had that cold low with light snow ALL day yesterday. I actually had yesterday off and wasn't missing anything. My cats seem very angry at me because of all this snow. How do you explain this is life to a cats 1st winter. Without laughing Laughing

I did here that altla got it worse than BC did. Maybe that'll be my consolation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum