Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

dumb weather

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1dumb weather Empty dumb weather Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Going down to minus 3 tonight had to haul in the plants yet again. Wish it would get normal around here.
Geri

2dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:49 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've had so much rain it has almost made up for having NO snowpack to melt in March, everything is so green it is almost BLUE. But a little heat would bring some growth - still frost every few days (when it isn't raining!). New snow on the mountains again tomorrow.

Old timers here say it can snow any month of the year here. This may be one of those years. It did snow (at this level) in early May, let's see about June.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 am

We didn't get the frost the other night ( Saturday ) but we got some on Sunday nights warning ! Good think I covered all the plants that are up ( everything ! ) with a layer of straw.................note to self , next year wait till mid June to plant garden !!

4dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I now limit myself to herbs in pots, hoping I will remember to bring the delicate plants in when there is a risk of frost. But last frost I forgot and killed the basil. Sigh.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:11 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I always wait until the secnd week in June to plant. No use planting seeds if the ground is so cold that they sprout and get chilled.
Geri

6dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought that we were gonna complain about the rain Rolling Eyes I'm not gonna jinx myself with talking about that other stuff. Like Heda says we can get snow in June, fingers xx'd it doesn't

7dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:23 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We have had so much rain here that I swear the chickens are getting webbed feet and I'm pretty sure I saw one of the horses swim by in the pasture. I would love to share some of this wonderful water with those who need it a bit more than we do!

8dumb weather Empty Re: dumb weather Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interesting all the rain you folks have been getting. We are drier this year than in the last springs we have spent up here.
Frost talks made me nervous for all the little sprouts I have coming up. I don't think the 'f' word happened up here though.
Going to try to get the second bed done this week some time, so no more 's' or 'f' talk thank you very much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum