Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

winter tunes

+10
Fowler
toybarons
Sweetened
appway
uno
viczoe
Echo 1
authenticfarm
HigginsRAT
Magdelan
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1winter tunes Empty winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

anyone want to share their fav winter tune(s)?  Help get into the spirit of the holiday season  -  I am not one of those peeps who has their Christmas tree taken down before the new year  -  I like to get the absolute goodness out of that tree and all them pretty lights.  Want to get my tree up earlier this year - have the smell of the fir always takes me some place nice. When CynthiaM talked about spring being just around the corner and I got all excited  -  hadn't realised I was thinking so gloomily about what is going on out there.  Had a wee chat to self.  It really is just a change of state.  I'm going to love spring but for now want to love the current state, live in the moment and not some time in the future.  Here's one of my fav tunes, be cool to hear what others like Very Happy .

Baby It's Cold Outside, Louis Armstrong & Velma Middleton
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love to watch Love, Actually this time of year. I always forget that it's a Christmas movie - I watch it a few times every year, it's so good. It has a great soundtrack. The little girl that sings "All I Want for Christmas" is spectacular. (Suck it, Mariah Carey!)

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:16 pm

I love watching Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas by Jim Henson.

I like all the Christmas song classics! Not so much the modern versions. I also really like Rita MacNeil's "Now the Bells Ring"

5winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i love most Christmas music..... most of my favorites are "old" but ...hey so am I!

6winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My absolutely hands down favorite is Stevie Nicks version of "Silent Night" her voice takes your breath away.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

7winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm wrote:I love to watch Love, Actually this time of year. I always forget that it's a Christmas movie - I watch it a few times every year, it's so good. It has a great soundtrack. The little girl that sings "All I Want for Christmas" is spectacular. (Suck it, Mariah Carey!)
that's one of my favorite movies too - we have watched it that many times know it all by heart. this is my best ever scene (has a few cuss words though Shocked ). Bill Nighy is stellar.

8winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm

John Lennon's ......Happy Christmas ,War Is Over

Elton Johns  "" Step Into Christmas

9winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:52 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have never seen this movie, Love Actually. What a list of cast members! I'll have to watch it.

This tune....close your eyes and skate away.

10winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:33 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

its not strictly Christmas music but I get my rocks off on this, think I'll have to learn how to jive cheers 

here's a bit more of a Christmas tune

11winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 pm

I bought a record years ago when I was biking through the USA and it was a band that never really got any play time here , but it was all good for me and maybe you might like it as well , a hair band but I never forgot the lyrics and the song ...............and it is truly a winter song in every way ....................enjoy , by the group called "" Angel ""

12winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I am really not a Christmas type Person since my Moms passing but I will always Love
Oh Holy Night By Kate Smith
DOnt know if Many would even know who she is

13winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:24 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

so cool hearing the music that other people enjoy and have associations with.   thanks for sharing Very Happy   yeah, check out that hair!  I enjoyed the operatic tune too.  Here's one back at ya, not exactly Christmas music but still good :-).  

14winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:34 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I also really love "baby it's cold outside", however I actually prefer the Tom Jones version with Cerys Matthews

I am also a huge fan of John Lennon's War is over, which Prairiedog already mentioned.

Johnny Reid's version of I'll be Home for Christmas is amazing, brings tears to my eyes.  Moose and I aren't doing much of a Christmas this year, but our gift to eachother is on the 30th.  We have really really good tickets to Johnny Reid's "A Christmas Gift To You" tour.

Carol of the bells is another song I love.  There's two beautiful versions that really appeal to me.  The Piano guys:

And, surprisingly, Destiny's Child:

The last video I'll share is Celine Dion's rendition of O' Holy Night.  Whatever you think of her, there's a certain voice required for Christmas music, and she has it.  The notes she can hit, and the ease with which she does has the elegant grace of winter. At 3:30 in the video, this power is shown for the rest of the song.

Christmas is my most favorite time of year, gifting be damned. I love winter, the crisp cold air and how it feels in my lungs. It's the end of the longest and darkest of nights, and the beginning of a new cycle of life, and it's amazing to me that this time of year can mean so many different things to so many people. This time of year, I get to fall in love with the look in Moose's eyes when we decorate a tree, and last year I was lucky enough to start a tradition with him of cutting down our very own tree every year -- we go tomorrow to do so.

Let me be the first non-consumer-commercial corporation to say: Merry Christmas.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

15winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Okay Christmas songs I like.

John Lennon "War is Over".
ELP "Father Christmas"
The Pogues "Fairytale of New York."
The Little Drummer Boy - the version from the stop motion cartoon I remember watching as a kid back in the 1970s. Used to watch it with my mom and it makes me cry every time.

Christmas movies - well Die Hard and Die Hard 2.

16winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:03 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

toybarons wrote:Christmas movies - well Die Hard and Die Hard 2.
lol! 

17winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't stand Jonny Reid. Too much showboating.

18winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

authenticfarm wrote:I can't stand Jonny Reid. Too much showboating.
Good thing I didn't get you tickets then! Money Throw 

19winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:24 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, it would have been a funny gag gift.

Be sure to tell me how many times he mentions being Scottish. It's my own personal drinking game.

20winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Reid is okay We saw him at the Alberta Gay rodeo Association  8 years ago he was good but not my favorite

21winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

who is Jonny Reid??

22winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York
Great Big Sea - The Mummers Song
Trans Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter

23winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Magdelan wrote:
who is Jonny Reid??
I googled him, a Scottish country singer? something not working in that blend somehow. Not sure why. I think you have to be from the north American continent for country (and western too Suspect ) don't you?? Actually, must be open for interpretation - of course it is. I was listening to some music show on the radio a month or so ago and there was a passing comment, Jerry Lee Lewis was considered country back then so who knows What a Face 

24winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:07 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like the Canadian Trio's, "The Perfect Gift". I tend to like the old Christmas carols-O Holy Night, Drummer Boy, Silent Night and the Huron Christmas Carol.

25winter tunes Empty Re: winter tunes Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

More of a New Year's song but I always liked Let The Goods Guys Win - Paul Hyde, Tom Cochrane, Murray McGlaughlin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum