Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol

+3
Schipperkesue
uno
smokyriver
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had a really rough day. I had health issues with my chickens today, lots of sneezing and sniffling only to find out it was due to the wood shavings I had just put into my coops yesterday.  I had to replace all the shavings in every coop as they had been treated with some type of chemical.  They replaced my shavings, but not sure if my chickens will all recover.  I had an owl swoop down and take one of my Muscovy ducks as I had removed my netting as it gets weighted down with snow and collapses my fence.  My dog just about got hit on the road as he was chasing my turkeys who flew out of their pen trying to bring them back to their pen.  My cat who just had kittens a week and a half ago has decided she does not want to look after her babies, so I have had to bottle feed the poor little things.  I also had my youngest up 3/4 of the night crying with nightmares.   Then I find out my neighbor has lost her battle with cancer today.  I feel guilty that I had not been able to get all my kids to see her in the hospital before she went to be with the Lord.  She was a special lady, and my family feel privileged to have known and loved her!!  May she rest in peace with the Lord!

This last thing made me really wonder if the rest of my day was as bad as I felt to begin with.  There are more important things in life to make us worry and grouchy then the little grievances that we face daily.  The most important things are loving those people around us who brighten our days and hope and pray that we can in turn bless someone else!!  

This has made me think.  I have come to realize that although I have not met many of you, I feel like you are all a part of my life and would like to take the time now to thank you all for being a part of it.  Thank you for the contributions you make within my life.  I hope I am blessed with meeting more of you than I have already, and for those that I will never meet, just know that you have impacted my life in one way or another with your knowledge, questions you have asked, and just for who you are!!

Last edited by smokyriver on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smokyriver, wow. Your words are powerful. I hope that as you sleep tonight, your whole house will be visited by peace and contentment . Sorry for the loss of a friend and good neighbour. THe sun will shine again.

3Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

A day of many challenges for all. Stay strong! I too hope to meet you some day.

4Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well I have met you and am glad of it.
Sorry to hear of your neighbor.
Owls are very smart and I think they
watch and wait. In Kelowna we had
one get a Ring Teal duck through the
stucco wire top. We figure he spooked
it and when it flew up somehow the owl
ripped his little head off. All we found
the next day was the body.
I was going to be lazy tonight and not
lock up but now I think that could be
a mistake.
Hope tommorow is better.

5Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:59 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:06 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

7Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, my heart goes out to you, your words are felt deeply by many. I too am ever so grateful for all my forum friends, and as you say, some you will meet, some you have met, and others you never will meet. But the places like these that we come to, bring up our souls with happiness. We can pour our hearts out, and we know so many are listening, this gives happiness. I am sorry to hear of the hard work that you must have done with the shavings, the illness it has brought into your flock, I am sure they will recover, they just need clean, fresh air. What was with that anyways? I have heard another person back on the coast that had that happen to as well, chemicals in the shavings. Bad. bad. bad. There are things in the day you can find to make you smile, look to your children and your critters, and those teeny tiny little baby lives that you are feeding, they will make you smile too. CynthiaM.

8Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

please forgive any horible typing and punctuaion as im rplying on my kindle. it is nice to know you and i hope you get through your seriesof sadness soon. being in that place sucks and can really mke the weight of the world feel as though it rests squarely on your shoulders. my most sibcere condolences or your loss. pm or emil any time if you need to talk.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

9Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:44 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Grrrrr I need to change my title to week. Woke up this morning to find my pyr/Bernard cross unable to walk much and wounds all over him. I heard a truck rev then heard him bark/yelp and ran outside to find him wounded. Didn't see the truck but my dogs came from across the road at my friends place who passed away. They always patrolled her place and she was happy for it.

Tug ended up with cuts on a front leg, lost a nail on the other front foot, a cut on his back leg and the opposite hip dislocated. I took him to the vet and they were able to get his hip back in place so he is in a sling for 2 weeks and confined to an X-large wire kennel. If his hip stays in then he will make it. Praying his hip holds!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

10Rough Day- and kind of sappy!!  lol Empty Re: Rough Day- and kind of sappy!! lol Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wonder if someone was at your neighbors
checking things out since she passed.
Has there been an obit in the local paper?

As for Tug hope the hip holds.
Not sure for a dog of that size but our
pug rear leg would not stay in so they
took off the ball part of the joint and
the ligaments took over they called it
a soft tissue joint. He does pretty well
but sometimes get sore if he does a lot
of jumping. He is now 9 yrs old and this
was done about 5 or so years ago.

Good luck hope things get better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]