Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that I have seen lead me to believe...

+3
Fowler
CynthiaM
Pollywog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

that other places on the interweb wherein chickens are discussed is very much so about how unsmelly some peoples poop is. Also, what's with all the soap boxing? A whole lotta Hey look it's an opinion that doesn't mesh well with mine! HULK SMASH that down. I have a few favorites over there, you know who you are Wink {OMG so FB}, but there are like 3 that are just awful. Luckily I have here, where a post starts out as Firewood and ends on Sister Wives. Where thread highjacking is an accepted and much loved practice. Seriously, this board is like my chicken Cheers.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yahoo!! Yep, we got a place where we can be free to be for surely, and no one gets downright smashed down to pieces with name calling Laughing  have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

ooh! I get to be Norm!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Norm!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

My definition if hijacking is the deliberate railroading of another person's post to specifically 'get' that person and upset them.

Conversation on forums is like a braided stream. It moves away and comes back and almost has a flow and life of its own. It is natural and unaffected. No one needs to put a dam in front od part of that stream.

We have a braided stream here.

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Braided thread. I like that.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SoSavvySue, I like your definitional difference between hijacking, which is a deliberate attempt to derail and undermine, and meandering, which is the disjointed way many of us think and speak (some of us more than others!Embarassed )

We weave, as you say. And woven goods are strong and useful. A woven community of good feelings and intentions with the odd off coloured thread for interest. Too much homogenous sameness and nice-nice can get a little gooey. That's why we have Norm.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Norm keeps us real.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It`s a dog eat dog world and I`m wearin milk bone underwear.

Fowler wrote:It`s a dog eat dog world and I`m wearin milk bone underwear.
Priceless Laughing

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

If I look carefully at the first post (which determines what will be hijacked) I would have to say it is impossible to hijack this one. Chaos from the start, pick a topic, it is all there.

Have fun y'all.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think Heda is an instigator.

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Moi?