Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What I have been up to, having a good time with Bob.

+3
CynthiaM
uno
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry the pictures are a little grainy, but you get the idea. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still struggling to ride him well, but he is so good and tries hard for a youngster. Really enjoying him!

Hmmm, sorry, pictures are a bit BIG. I usually try to have them smaller, but photobucket wasn't liking me very much tonight.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Go, Bob, go!

Good lookin horse and rider

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy oh that made me laugh, when I first read the title of the thread, I wondered who Bob was, I know that is not your Husband's name, smiling. Then...I remembered Bob, yes, he was that new steed you got some time ago. Bob. Imprinted in my mind now. Never to mistake for a bob.

Nice pictures Coopslave. Is this penning? cutting? I don't think it is sorting, cause Daughter and hers would probably have been there. Where were you eventing? Please, why are you so stingy with your information you give us? You know we all love to hear tales. Well, I do speak for myself, I love to hear tales. Tell that tale!! How did you go? (Australian terminology for "do")

so happy that you are so pleased with Bob, this shines through when we love what we do, good for you! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Coopslave I see there is a cutting competition this weekend at an arena near me, you guys coming out this way? Probably not but thought I would ask. Smile
You and Bob look good, always loved watching cutting.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bob is a beau. You guys look like a great fit. Let the good times roll, or ride rather! cheers

And I have to ask; is Bob wearing socks?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just goes to prove, you are never too old to play! Go, Coopie, go!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, are you calling me OLD?! Well, I suppose I am so I can't get to upset. Very Happy

CynthiaM, we are cutting. We just go to the local ones around here Hidden. Will try to get to a couple in the states later in the year though.

Flicker, he is wearing splint boots, they are kinda like shin pads. They protect his legs if he kicks himself and protects him from sand burns on the backs of his fetlocks when he stops deep.

We do ok. He is only 4 and I have been out of showing for 3 years so still learning things about each other. Saturday was awful, not worth thinking about. Sunday was better I think a 3rd and 4th. I am not real hung up on placing at the moment, just how the run feels. More bad than good at the moment, but it will get better!!!
Is that enough detail for you CynthiaM, or are you going to be more of a 'sticky beak' (another Australian saying for you!).

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looking good! Nice pony you have there.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Sue, are you calling me OLD?! Well, I suppose I am so I can't get to upset. Very Happy

Darn, I thought twice about saying this. Glad you are not too offended!

Nice pictures Coopslave. It looks like Haughton's place?
I used to be a bit hung up on how things went when I was into Reining, then I realized it is my HOBBY, and for me, it should be fun 100% of the time. If I'm not actively enjoying every minute of it, I am in the wrong HOBBY. I leave the stress and number counting and ratings and judgement up to the professionals. That's not to say that I didn't work hard to acheive greatness, but I enjoyed every minute of the journey (because it's ALL a journey - you never get "there") because otherwise what a waste of time and money and partnership etc. etc. blah blah blah.

I got out of horse showing for a variety of reasons, but it was starting to lose it's appeal.

I think you two look good. Bob is gorgeous! I tried working with Sandra and Jim's buffalo once and just loved it. I can sure see why Cutting is so addictive. Have fun!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:Nice pictures Coopslave. It looks like Haughton's place?
I used to be a bit hung up on how things went when I was into Reining, then I realized it is my HOBBY, and for me, it should be fun 100% of the time. If I'm not actively enjoying every minute of it, I am in the wrong HOBBY. I leave the stress and number counting and ratings and judgement up to the professionals. That's not to say that I didn't work hard to acheive greatness, but I enjoyed every minute of the journey (because it's ALL a journey - you never get "there") because otherwise what a waste of time and money and partnership etc. etc. blah blah blah.

I got out of horse showing for a variety of reasons, but it was starting to lose it's appeal.

I think you two look good. Bob is gorgeous! I tried working with Sandra and Jim's buffalo once and just loved it. I can sure see why Cutting is so addictive. Have fun!

You are right Farmchiq. I have been in my head far to much about this lately. I am a bit of a perfectionist at times, but need to make sure that does not take the fun out of it!

It's a small world isn't it? Sandra and Jim are great people, enjoy them both. Getting to know them better this year. Did you rein with Sandra? I think she has caught the cutting bug a bit now, she is sure doing well.

Yes I met Sandra before I moved to the OK and then got to know her better once I moved up. It helps that she works at one of the high schools in my 'turf' so I see her frequently. She and her hubby are great fun, very generous people.

Sandra is blessed with good horses and coaches, and she enjoys what she's up to, whichever saddle she's in. She also works hard at it, and it shows. Do you show against her? She is new'ish to cutting, but it won't be long before she's cleaning up, I predict. She's dedicated!

I saw her on the weekend (drinking blue martinis with the girls!) and asked her if she knew you. She had similarly friendly things to say about you and your helpful husband. Horse people can be so lovely, sometimes, can't they?

Very happy you've got Bob and are enjoying him. One of these times I'll have to come out to a local cutting. Is there a schedule online anywhere?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum