Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This was a GOOD day

+6
birish
Fowler
CynthiaM
chickeesmom
uno
la-chicken
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This was a GOOD day Empty This was a GOOD day Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 pm

la-chicken

I just wanted to share this.

I have been under so much stress and have had a black cloud over my head for a long while.
My mom's husband just passed away from a long battle of liver cancer two weeks ago. My work load at work was over the top. I had the heaviest work load and no apprication, no thanks, no nothing.

Well, finally work figure out that things need to change. My schedule lighted up and my work load was split among 3 others. ( I work with junior high students with severe behavioural and academic needs).
It was these students that asked me "Why are you not in our class as much"? " I am in Grade 10 lot's this term and the school wants me there right now." " We miss you and we like you better. You are more fun." "You still see me and thank you." as I gave them a high five. I walked to my next class with a huge smile on my face knowing I was appricated.

The bonus at work is the school knows I am crazy about chickens and I always have a student asking me a chicken question. After all, I work in a super rural school. Maybe someday there will be a few more members joining the site.

Thanks, I just need to share. Very Happy

2This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

WHen you work to make a difference in someone's life, it is a balm to your soul to know you have actually acheived that. I am glad that some kids took the time to tell you what a difference you made. It doesn't undo the sadness and stress in your life, but makes you a bit stronger as you carry on. Good for you!

3This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:15 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So basically you were doing the work of three, wow, so glad they got that figured out for you. Sorry for your loss, always hard.
Hang in there la-chicken, spring is just around the corner...and well, baby fuzzy butts!!!

4This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 pm

la-chicken

Thanks Chickeesmom.
And yes, I was doing the work of three. The funny thing or not so funny. I was told by one of the three, " When we work in the same room , You make me look bad because you are doing everything." I just thought Really? I am just doing my job.

Of yes, I am hatching up a storm at least as many as I can fit.
Chirps of happiness!

5This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, the grief of a lost one, we are sorry of that loss, you know that, things will be again bright. Being appreciated is one of the finer things in life. When appreciation of ourselves is made known, we shine, the day is so bright, we nearly need to don sunglasses, smiling. Speaking of which, yes, the beautiful days of the summer will soon be here. You have experienced a most heavy workload, and with the type of youth that you are working with, you must have been taxed to the enth degree, so nice it is now split up. YOu will be feeling so much better, you will have energy overload, like hatching and looking after little fuzzy butts, smiling. So nice too, that you are known as "Chicken-woman" in the school and there are many that ask you questions, that is lovely!!! Thank you for sharing your inner thoughts, these are important to pass forward and we love to listen, with that, have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

6This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing how a little word of appreciation can turn a day around.

Years ago, I drove plant deliveries for about 6 months. For the most part, the delivery driver was seen as both the rep for the company and a nobody, so a lot of people throw their frustrations at you.

On one bad day, my last delivery was some cedar trees to an old fellow who was replacing his hedge. He asked me if I would mind placing them where he had marked around his yard. Given his age, I was happy to do so. I finished and was preparing to go when he hurried into his house and came back out with a cold can of Coke. Thanked me profusely and commented on what hot work it was. I didn't even like Coke but I opened it and had a drink for him to see. He really brightened my day.

7This was a GOOD day Empty a good day Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am

birish

Crystal,the other day when you talked to my off the wall SIL,she works in a home in Olds. with special needs adults,glad things are turning around for you

8This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

It can be the smallest of things that turns depression into delight.

Gratitude and appreciation are very very powerful.

9This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You are right la chicken, nothing says it better than "I appreciate you" We all need to hear it more often in our lives especially for those who go the extra mile.

10This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:07 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So sorry for you loss. So glad that your work load is now being shared among others. The inpact on your students' lives is immeasurable, and it is obvious that you are having a very positive impact on their lives. Thank you for all you do on behalf of your students. Very Happy

11This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 pm

la-chicken

Thank you to everyone!
I too, would like to say , " You are Appreciated each and everyone one of you".

Thanks for listening.

12This was a GOOD day Empty Re: This was a GOOD day Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That doesn't surprise me Crystal that you are such a hard worker!
Crystal also forgot to mention that she still went the extra mile (or miles ) to still show her birds last weekend to support the hobby.

Glad things are better now at work! We appreciate what you do for this hobby!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum