Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rooster crows non-stop

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rooster crows non-stop Empty Rooster crows non-stop Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is their any way to get a rooster to ease up on his crowing? I know this may sound crazy but I have a rooster that I say has "little chicken" syndrome. He starts crowing at 3 in the morning and crows for about 4 hours every couple minutes, then slows down to approx every 15 min during the day until around 10 at night. He is not really big enough to butcher as he is a dutch mille fleur. I have to do something as hubby is threatening to wring his neck. I was just going to turn him loose in my yard, but am afraid that this would start the coyotes coming to catch my birds if they catch him. If anyone has an idea please let me know. Thanks

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Rooster crows non-stop Empty Re: Rooster crows non-stop Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:13 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had a Mille Fleur that had a crow that would just cut right though our sleep. Don't know what it was but must have been something in the pitch or tone or whatever. We sold him and kept one of his sons and the problem disappeared.

3Rooster crows non-stop Empty Re: Rooster crows non-stop Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

None that I know of that would leave the rooster alive, sorry.

I think some roosters are just in love with the sound of their own voice, kind of like some people... Razz

4Rooster crows non-stop Empty Re: Rooster crows non-stop Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Does he have any hens to take care of? Maybe he is just making a love call!

5Rooster crows non-stop Empty Re: Rooster crows non-stop Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

He has one little hen who is actually sitting on an egg and one that has 5 chicks with her. I have a sneaky suspicion that he will end up in the soup pot unfortunately. I will then be looking for a new little rooster. Sad

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum