Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Egg Eating Freaks !!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Empty Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm

So what does one do if your chickens seem to have gotten a taste for eggs ? they line up it seems waiting for that egg to come and as soon as the hen leaves they are at it !! Even the Rooster has gotten into the game ! He took a bit of a trip today ,lucky him it wasn't his last !! What are the missing ,other then brains , in there diet ? I'm ready to get rid of every one that I catch going for a egg ! Went from almost two dozen down to two to three a day ? ......I might be less a whole lot of chickens soon if this doesn't stop ASAP

2Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Empty Re: Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My silkies started to eat their eggs. I make sure that I throw scoops full of shell and bone builder into their pen and they have stopped. A freind said hers started but that was after she cut down on the shell and bone builder she is give it to thema again.
Geri

3Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Empty Re: Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a couple egg eaters still too. I amp'd up their oyster shell and their layer ration. Then maybe my difference is my girls free range for the day and back in at night. I found it was almost a p*ss*ng match between some of them. Like a bunch of teenage girl bullies just looking to make the others life awful.??

4Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Empty Re: Egg Eating Freaks !!!! Sat May 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Well I bought some supplement feed to see if it makes a different ? Drives you nuts though .....almost like cannibalisme ? eat what just came out of your body Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum