Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April Weather !

+12
Ruffledfeathers
vic's chicks
rosewood
authenticfarm
pops coops
bckev
SerJay
Pollywog
uno
heda gobbler
coopslave
Rasilon
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1April Weather ! Empty April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 am

Woke this morning to such a fright

looking outside ,what a sight!

Yesterday is gone ,it was a delight

All is white beyond my sight

Clinging ,falling ,birds riding the wind in flight

So soft a blanket , all hidden within sight

Once again it takes it's hold

Winter is back ,it's to cold !

2April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am not so poetic....
this weather SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep.....sigh....winter here again too. What happened to that 20degree weather we were having at Easter? I am sick of the snow and cold. Have had the fire back on for the last week. Surely it will be over soon........

4April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Same here. !0 cm of new snow yesterday morning, melted by afternoon so now back in deep mud and COLD. Pelting snow again right now. Piglets are complaining!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow. We live at a high elevation so usually are in winter longer than the people down in town on the valley bottom, and even I have planted peas, spinach and sweet peas. Not that any have come up yet because the warm temps have disappeared and it is cold. We still light fires in the furnace.

My heart goes out to all of you enduring yet more miserable winter. It sucks the heart right out of a guy. The worst I have to contend with now is mud in the horse pen. And even our mud, being rock based soil, dries up faster than valley bottom clay.

Perhaps moving to a different place will bring with it the consequence of a longer winter. Maybe I ought to stay put and count my blessings here on this forested, steep, bedrock mountainside.

6April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This weather is really messing up my plans Mad My chicken coop is not built yet. Hub and I need about a week to get it done but we need no stupid snow to work on it! ARGH!

7April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah we had fresh snow yesterday morning when we got up Ugh! it melted by afternoon but just added even more swamp to the yard Twisted Evil The snow from winter is still not all melted so we're in the icy swamp season YUCK!!! I wanna grow stuff Uno its not fair that winter won't go away!!

8April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

I can live with the snow ,but the effects of it I can live without ............there was a bad accident half a mile away from where I live and it doesn't look good for someone Sad...........People just don't get it that it's slippery when it's wet snow and it packs !Tears will be flowing at someones house today Crying or Very sad ...........a twenty year old women lost her life ......slippery roads , I hate winter so much already !!

Last edited by prairie dog on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

9April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Updated the flood warnings today ...........might be looking like this in my neck of the woods soon !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

what an incredible photo. I am concerned that there may be flooding in lots of places this year. I know last year we had the main road that goes to our place washed out. It took about a week to get it back together.

11April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:55 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is still lots of snow here, and now they are saying snow for 3 more days, the farmers cant get into the fields till mid or late May. I am usually putting eggs in the bator but this year have just started

http://www.popscoops.com

12April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

I still have 13 ft mountains. Several of them. No gardens. We do, however, need to move our 'bridge over muddy water' (part of a closet I tore apart), as we practically have to jump to get to it.

13April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

This sloooooooow melt we have this year is maybe a blessing. Maybe fewer ponds later!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

14April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

A friend is going to the lake this weekend, we usually start going to the cottage on weekends around the beginning of May, it looks as if we may not be able to get the water on or have the snow gone till the end of May and 2 years ago it flooded so bad, now the water shed authority is saying worse this year than 2 years ago.

http://www.popscoops.com

15April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm

garden is normally put in on the May long Weekend ! It will take some awefull warm weather to get there this year!Herad there is more snow forecast for the end of the week ? Good thing I had lots of wood to heat with !Might be time to move to some warmer location soon ...........THE ICE AGE IS COMING !

16April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Grass is turning green but it is so dry... worrying for the summer.. where is the melt water????

And the wind, constant gale force winds.. making me a little crazyyyyy...

17April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Around here it's thought that the little bit of thaw that we have had has the water going straight down ,we had a very dry year last year ! Someone said it was evaporating ? We normally have a lot of run off at this time of year .............now it's slushy snow that freezes ever night ?

18April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The days have been cool lately here. the grass is turning green slowly. This evening it is raining. We still have lots of outside work before Tatlayoko's complaining pigs arrive here.

19April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

vic's chicks

wow I am sorry you guys on the prairies are having such a bad time with the weather. I spent the first half of my life in winnipeg. I remember how painful those last days of winter could be on the years when it seemed to go on and on and on and the fear of flooding.. And when spring does arrive, it does so with a vengeance and the race is on to get everything in the ground before its over. We have a much slower growing season here on the coast. Yet people can still complain about the weather. We have had an uncommonly warm and easy winter. I am worried it is too dry.We have a shallow well and rely on those water sheds being topped up. It is really annoying to listen to the weather forecast and hear the weather person apologize to people for telling them that it is going to be a rainy weekend. Doesn't anybody realize that we need water to grow food and food and water keeps us alive. A little gratefulness for the rain would be nice to hear once in a while.

20April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heda all the melt water you're looking for is about 10inches deep on my property you're welcome to it..... The swamp that is our yard is miserable!!!

Snow still hasn't even all melted but rain coming down and water just sitting on top Sad I'm digging out ditches, making rivers trying to get water to go away but with a ground that is 100% clay it is miserable Twisted Evil

21April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:15 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a difference a few hours' drive makes - we have no snow left at this altitude, no rain, just the drying wind. I'm worried livestock will start running out of water in some fields.

22April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our ponds are full. Our snow has just about all melted. The river that was crossing my driveway has subsided. It has started raining last night and isn't goning to stop before tonight. We are even expecting thunderstorms tonight.

I really do have an itch to start gardening but I have to wait ...1st for May long weekend and 2 to heal up Rolling Eyes we could still get frost in june even july like last year.

23April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:13 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It rained off an on all night last night. Been looking at the garden for a few days now. Need to start getting it ready, but I am so behind in all this paper work I keep putting it off. Maybe for a break from the computer today I will go out for a while.

24April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's raining here now, my garden is under water, and if it keeps raining and melting snow I'm going to have to get flippers for my chickens!! Lol. Not complaining as we need the moisture!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

25April Weather ! Empty Re: April Weather ! Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am

The wife tells me that next week we will hit in the mid to upper double digits? THAT WILL MEAN A FAST MELT AND THEN ...................FLOOD WATERS AGAIN !~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum