Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeling sad...and glad

+2
ChicoryFarm
Schipperkesue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feeling sad...and glad Empty Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Today I take Roxy and Keeper, two of my beloved Schipperkes to the airport. From there they will fly to Whitehorse to become the cherished pets of a couple who live there. I sure will miss the little sweethearts, but the reality of breeding dogs is that in order to move forward with your breeding plans you must let some of the dogs that are no longer in your breeding program go. Selfishly I want to keep them. They are such sweet dogs. But I must be selfless and let the dogs go where they will have a lovely life with much more attention than I can give them.

It is going to be a long drive to the airport.

2Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Sue, I don't envy you. Watery eyes as I type and they're not even my dogs. We adopted a dog at 7 months old from a young family who were just overwhelmed. They cried a lot but Barney has such an awesome life with us and is sooooo loved. May these folks offer the same to your dogs.

Great breed by the way. Met one for the first time a week ago. I thought they were very cool for a little dog. I'd consider one once I'm too old for the big dogs.

3Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aww[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you were closer, I would feed you pie until you got happy again. No one can be sad when they're eating pie.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Sue, as a fellow dog lover, I know you know, but I'm going to remind you, that Keeper and Roxy are going to bring SO much love and joy into that couple's life, and they are going to cherish them and take care of them. I would be a much different person if I didn't have dogs in my life, and I applaud you for sharing your good dogs with others so they can pamper them and receive their love in return.

I know it must be hard - I bawled my eyes out when each and every well-researched (almost stalked) new owner took possession of the one and only litter of puppies I ever sold - but I still hear back from some of them all these years later and I know how much they love those dogs.

Sending hugs.

5Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, i cried all the way home.

They have arrived safe and sound.

After calling and speaking to Air North three times last week, they did not have my shipping information at the cargo location at Edmonton airport. In fact I was lucky to even get them on the plane. I arrived at 12:00 (early) just in time to see them locking the doors for lunch. They would have opened again at 1:00 and it would have been too late then to book them in. They needed to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight. No exceptions. Good thing I am a little anal about being early and good thing there was a very kind worker there who was leaving for the day. She stayed late, took them and booked them in for me. I will be calling Monday to commend her.

What a horrible experience.

6Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Authentic....Key Lime with meringue?

7Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:49 pm

I would be a bit suspicious of a breeder who didn't cry his or her eyes out under the circumstances. They are family aren't they?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Authentic....Key Lime with meringue?

For you, I will make one. Or try. My pies are more of the apple-based variety. I have an orchard here ...

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I need one of those Farmchiq!

What, Authentic? No lime trees? Well, I guess I won't look a gift pie in the crust.

Here they are...in sunny Whitehorse!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Happy, happy people!

11Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 pm

chicken crack

chicken crack

That is SO nice they sent a picture for you. Hugs to you!!!!!

12Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Huggs. I feel the same way when I have to place one of my birds that I can't keep.

You've made two people very happy Very Happy

13Feeling sad...and glad Empty Re: Feeling sad...and glad Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thats so awesome, they sent you a pic of safe arrival. You have picked a wonderful couple.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum