Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeling a bit nasty this morning.

+5
mirycreek
jon.w
chickeesmom
Hidden River
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Feeling nasty because I am happy that you all out there are finally getting some winter! It is not a nice person that feels good at the misfortunes of others, but we have actually HAD winter since the middle of November and I have been hearing about how the rest of you all have been sliding through with mild weather. Well, finally you out there in 'no winter land' are actually copping some weather! Laughing
Mwaaahaaahaaa (that was my attempt at an evil laugh) nice of you all to join me in the freezing cold, snowy weather that is winter in Canada. You know what they say, 'misery loves company', well I am happy you have all joined me.
Sorry for being a nasty person, but I really don't like winter. I know some of you enjoy it, but I can't wait for it to be over. The snow is ok, it is the COLD that I struggle with. I just don't want to leave the house when it is REALLY cold.
So as evil and mean and nasty as it is, this misery is enjoying her company!!!! Twisted Evil

2Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes misery loves company...I have discovered this cold snap that my heated bucket for my lambing pen does not work at -32, my heated dog dish for the pup in the kennel does not work at -32, and the horses are starting to gain in height because of the ice balls on their feet...
A good thing though, I washed my hubby's work coat the other day (after we shot 2 more skunks and stunk to high heaven) and shrunk it, now it is mine! I was giving him a hard time that he laughs at me cause I am always cold, but after wearing his jacket I have discovered the untold truth, his clothes are much warmer than my clothes. affraid

I don't like winter's cold either coopslave, lived her all my life and still wait for each day that might be a bit nicer.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:04 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well thank you so much, we are so happy to join you on this wonderful Canadian winter day.

4Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

we have a bit if a cold snap here at the moment but doe's not last long here we cut are grass at the end of Feb. Banana

5Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:53 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Yes misery loves company...I have discovered this cold snap that my heated bucket for my lambing pen does not work at -32, my heated dog dish for the pup in the kennel does not work at -32, and the horses are starting to gain in height because of the ice balls on their feet...
A good thing though, I washed my hubby's work coat the other day (after we shot 2 more skunks and stunk to high heaven) and shrunk it, now it is mine! I was giving him a hard time that he laughs at me cause I am always cold, but after wearing his jacket I have discovered the untold truth, his clothes are much warmer than my clothes. affraid

I don't like winter's cold either coopslave, lived her all my life and still wait for each day that might be a bit nicer.

Yes and they pay less for them too, imagine that!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

6Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh you nasty little girl Very Happy . What things to say, smiling that big smile.

Well, I think Ol' Man Winter has arrived here too. We had had the winds from h3ll the past three days, the temperatures have dropped and this morning it is -20, probably even colder in the wind, freakin' cold!! Last winter, our first winter here, the coldest was -17. So now I guess I am experiencing what the interior of B.C. weather is like. Baby, it's cold outside!! I remember you Coopslave, talking about the cold, cold weather at your area, when we still were above zero. Well, guess we got it now, but hopefully it won't be too cold. I had frozen water things in the chicken coops yesterday, that was a whole lotta revamping and work to get them appropriately fixed. Now they have only the heated dog water bowls, before I had the metal fonts sitting on top of the water in the dog bowl, it kept the water unfrozen, up to a temperature of about -11, but yesterday they all froze up, sigh....had to raise the bowls so that the chickens didn't kick crap into the water. We'll see what this morning brings, not even sure if the water in those heated bowls will be kept from freezing, man I hope so...have a wonderful day, bad girl!!! CynthiaM.

7Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear about your water troubles CynthiaM. I sorted all mine out early this year. Spent a bit on money on a couple of the warmers that the metal fonts sit on. Hubby calls them pie warmers. Glad I did now.
We are -23C this morning, but we rarely get any wind at all up here. Very lucky with that. The only windy season can be Spring, but the winter cold is usually very still, the odd day will be windy, but not for days on end.
I am actually feeling a little bad about my first post now. Embarassed So many people have been hit HARD with winter after such mild weather. That would be way tougher than us up here. We have had winter and are used to it, doesn't mean I like -20C any better, just it is not as tough when it has been cold already.
Looks like our cold snap will be over by the weekend. Fingers crossed. The dogs will be happy too, they all have fresh straw in their houses and only peak out over the top of their burrows when I water them in the mornings. Laughing

8Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Extreme cold in the Lower Mainland Vancouver, The Island is cold and snowy. -6 in Qualicum Beach this morning, the banana belt , but it could be worse, I heard on the news the Prairies got winter and some places it's -50 with he wind chill

9Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="coopslave" Spent a bit on money on a couple of the warmers that the metal fonts sit on. Hubby calls them pie warmers. Glad I did now [/quote]

That is one of the apparatus I have, it was nearly $100 and it has let me down. That metal font's water was frozen solid, so it clearly is not working....bother. No chance to get a replacement now, I bought it a year ago, it worked last winter, but not this. Hmmmm...maybe the plug in in the extension cord isn't working. I'll know this morning if the electric dog water bowl is frozen in that pen...maybe it isn't the pie warmer thingy, smiling. Guess I'll get a trouble light and check all the sockets on the power bar out there, sigh...maybe it is electrical fault. I'll be a'checkin' that out for surely. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

10Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You may need to reset the thermostat in it. Put it in your freezer for a bit unplugged and then plug it in and see if it will work again. I got mine way cheaper up here in Rock Creek than I can get them in Kelowna.

11Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave, you have Schadenfreude!   It is a German word that means you are taking satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Those Germans... an appropriate word for everything!

Sue

12Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Empty Re: Feeling a bit nasty this morning. Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

coopslave wrote:You may need to reset the thermostat in it. Put it in your freezer for a bit unplugged and then plug it in and see if it will work again. I got mine way cheaper up here in Rock Creek than I can get them in Kelowna.

No need to put it in the freezer!!!! It's cold enough out side, isn't it?!?! scratch
lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum