Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

opinions good and bad

+5
coopslave
rosewood
charlie
Hidden River
karona
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1opinions good and bad Empty opinions good and bad Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:00 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would like to hear opions on
computer operations systems windows 7
and windows 8.
I have xp and need to update but have
heard some bad things about windows 8.
So lets hear everyone input.

2opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like windows 7 seems to work with all my programs. Windows 8 we got on our new laptop for Christmas and I still haven't figured it out...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

charlie

charlie
New Here

We like Windows 7, upgraded from XP with a very small learning curve and hardley any hassels at all.

4opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:46 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I lost a whole long post here and will try again (lengthy post highlighted just as I hit the backspace button).
We use both XP and Windows 7 on our two computers. We actually kept the old computer in use when our accounting program, publisher, scanner and a photo program would not work on the Windows 7 computer. All of these programs have new compatible versions, but at a cost that we couldn't afford especially after acquiring a new computer. When Windows 8 came out in October I upgraded to the new Internet Explorer 10. Some websites have a problem with this new program. A case in point was the interactive climate zone map. Maybe this is why I find myself often logged out when I go to post on this forum. I do like the fast start up time for Windows 7.
I have looked into Windows 8 and understand that some users find it had to understand. Our family techie says there are some programming problems.

5opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am

As with all things epically windows, I say give it at least a year and a half before upgrading to the new OS. Windows 8 is geared for use with touch screen displays and tablets more than it is a user without one. It compartmentalizes everything and essentially tracks your use to figure out what you do the most in order to create its active interface desktop. Though I'm sure Windows 7 does the same thing, it does so behind my blind eyes rather than in front of my face. I'm one of those people who refuses the anonymous statistic feature every time I can because I'm a conspiracy theorist and don't want/need people knowing everything I do and everything I like and how often I do things on my PC (I go so far as to cover or turn my webcam when it's not in use).

I really enjoy Windows 7. It's not different enough from XP to have to relearn everything, but it's its own individual OS that has extra perks and features that really appeal to me (mostly fluff stuff, like the auto-shift backgrounds LOL). It's also great for me as a gamer. I noticed a huge performance boost after shifting to 7 over XP, there's just less crap in the background.

6opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like Windows 7 as well.

I think Windows 8 will be better when they get the glitches sorted. Kinda like Vista, which I HATED, they sorted stuff out and came up with Windows 7. I will be waiting before I upgrade from Windows 7, don't like 8 much but will have a good look at the next one they release.

7opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:03 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have windows 7 and am still learning.... but I like it so far. I too had to make the upgraded move of xp and a new tower. I was so stubborn I was refusing to realize that I needed to upgrade my whole system not just my program Embarassed I shopped and shopped for a good 2 months and saved all of my pennies to get my new system.

I know that when I leave my computer on to long it can't do all the upgrades it needs to and will make me manually shut it down to do these. But thats okay. I run top of the line security with all of my computers so that I can try to prevent any theft.

I get a little parnoid about stuff like that. I was once given a trojan thru a email from my cousin when I had a hotmail addy. So now I keep everything secure.

8opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think I must be running windows.25 or something like that, my computer is so old they found some of christs dna in the dust.

9opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:50 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you like XP go with 7.

If you would rather be playing with the apps on your smart phone, go with 8.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

10opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

karona wrote:I would like to hear opions on
computer operations systems windows 7
and windows 8.
I have xp and need to update but have
heard some bad things about windows 8.
So lets hear everyone input.

So it seems windows 8 is not very popular.
But here is the problem were can you
buy an new computer with windows 7 on it.

11opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:43 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I frequently window shop online at TigerDirect.ca. They have lots of computers on sale with Window 7 and some with no operating system. Amazon.com has a lot of the old operating systems and Windows 7 is widely available. You can format your hard drive and install any system you wish. I thought I read somewhere that Windows 8 can be set up the same way as Windows 7 for those that do not like the touch screen ready setup.

12opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I use Mac now! Razz

13opinions good and bad Empty Re: opinions good and bad Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Macs are fine, but they are costly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum