Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Duckling care

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Duckling care Empty Duckling care Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I got two cute little 3-4 week old Australian Spotted ducklings from Jayme in Milo last weekend. They are growing and looking good, but I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

This weekend I have been putting them in a wire bottomed pen on the grass during the day with the horses oat pan full of water to splash in. In the evening I put them into the garage, take out the pan of water, give them a dish of duck grower and a dish of water. Is this enough food for them? Or should I give them feed outside? They seem to nibble the grass out there so I figured no food is OK.

2Duckling care Empty Re: Duckling care Mon May 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think you are doing things just fine. They are still growing so need the grower feed as well as the grass but feeding them that in the evenings is just fine. Just make sure they always have water or they will choke on their feed. Also grit is needed since they are eating grass.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Duckling care Empty Re: Duckling care Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks Jayme. They are the cutest things to watch!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum