Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wallowing in self pity.........

+19
karona
CynthiaM
Jonny Anvil
DCChick
loushrop
Fowler
smokyriver
Susan
Rasilon
Arcticsun
foal0069
toybarons
lady leghorn
uno
Micah and Kiah
Swamp Hen
Schipperkesue
HigginsRAT
coopslave
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Why me, what have I done and then I just get pissed off. I am a crazy mess, more than usual.
I am losing my Mom. Took her to the hospital last night, she wouldn't come home with me. No fight left in her, she is done. Lovely day together, I was lucky to spend the whole day with her. She was giving stuff away. That bit wasn't much fun.
She has been declining quickly lately, but she is a tough old thing and we didn't realise it was as bad as it was. They say hind sight is 20/20.
Not an easy thing to lose 4 family members in less than 2 years. I don't wish it on anyone. Leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and a hollow bit in your soul.

So just letting you all know so when I am crazier than normal with my wild swings you can just brush me off and ignore me. I apologise in advance for any rudness, abruptness or anger I show. Kinda gives me a free pass now right? Wink

2Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Coopie, you are always forgiven for your foibles and quirks, because we love you. We well be extra understanding for the next few weeks. So sorry this is happening to you and your family.

4Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 am

Aww you beautiful lady. I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know you always have an ear if you just want to vent and write. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

So sorry to hear that. Were here for you!

6Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Take care! Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Hello. Please take care of yourself. Take time to be with those you love. Give yourself permission to feel what you need to and surrond yourself with whatever gives you peace.

7Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Searching for the right words and they dont exist. You have had a heavy burden lately and it looks like it's going to get worse. From what I've heard, your mom sounds like an amazing woman, having lived a good, solid life. YOu can be proud to be her daughter and she is very proud of you. I am grateful that you were able to take her to the hospital, that you are able to be with her. It might not feel like it now, but being there is the greatest gift to you. One day it will be what you hold as most valuable, when the time came, you were there, you'd been with her. Close.

Sorry that you are on this dark path. Put your face against a horse's neck and weep. They understand. They know just what to say.

8Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It's not easy at all. Sad

We lost 3 family members in 2002, all 2 months apart to the day. To be honest it threw us all so badly it took years to get over.

Please accept my condolances. Crying or Very sad

9Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear about your mom, Coopslave. Anytime you feel the need to let it out, you know you are always welcomed to do so. We all need that from time to time.

10Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm

foal0069

So sorry to hear what you are going through Coopslave. If you believe in a higher power my prayers go out to you. Make sure you take care of yourself. Sad

11Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sending hugs and prayers.

I am happy to line my booty up with Uno. It will probably eclipse hers, bt how often do you get a double moon?

12Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear of what you are going through and have gone through in the recent past. Death is always hardest on those left behind. Not an easy thing but part of life. Sounds like your mom is at peace, I wish her God Speed.
YOU take care
Geri

13Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry Coopslave. I just buried my Grandmother yesterday. I wrote and read her eulogy. That was very difficult. I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you right now. Do what you need to to do to feel better. And make sure to lean on your friends. Whether you need to rant, cry, be stupidly silly whatever. It all helps.

14Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:07 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sooo sorry to hear you are having to go through this!!! Hugs/prayers and thoughts are with you!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

15Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I could think of something that might help. Very sorry.

16Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:38 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am very sorry to hear you are going through this. Just remember time helps with pain. It doesn't take it away but it makes it bearable. Sending loving thoughts your way. Lou

17Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Coopslave, I am sorry to hear about your mom Crying or Very sad My dad passed away three weeks ago and it's hard.

To lose so many over ones in such a short time must be so painful.

I will be thinking of you often.

18Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:02 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you all very much.

One day at a time for now.

19Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Joan,

My thoughts and well wishes are with you. Losing family is difficult and it can change your world at times.
Keep your chin above water, be there for you.

Our family experienced a series of losses very close together as well, it was hard to deal with them, still grieving the loss of one, and another one passes.
But in time, those sorrows pass, and the sadness does go, our day to day lives almost felt like they were at a stand still. But as each day went on, things got more cheerful, joy and happiness were abundant again in the lives of those still with us.

Loosing a loved one, is the most difficult thing to endure let alone a few loved ones. The only thing I can say is, make sure that you take care of you. Often when one is grieving, they tend to forget to "pick themselves up" or care for themselves. It's hard to be there to support others, when you aren't fully supporting one's self.

Time heals... just takes time.

20Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh our dear girl. What can one say? What words can we try to express, our deep sadness for you. These are things that will never be OK. This passing of a soul will never be easy. We all know that pain, and it never ceases to be there, just lessens with time, to one day be a dull roar instead of that ripping roar. As others have said, do take care of yourself too. You have had a lot of pain over the past times with losing your family members, such sorrow. Condolences to you too Susan, and anyone else too. Keep that chin up, Coopslave, the only one that can look after you is you. I still wish that you can find something in this day to bring a smile, look to the dogs and the horses. CynthiaM.

21Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

22Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am sure that if she needs help, there could be people close that could help out. I would in a heartbeat if I was closer, but she is about 2.5 hours from me, sigh. Keep the chin up Coopslave, and ask for help if you need it.

23Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you for thinking of me but all is fine. I enjoy the chores as they get me outside of myself a bit. Now if someone wants to come and clean my house, that would be a different story. Wink

My husband may drive me crazy about many things but this he is very good at. I suppose he is getting lots of practise lately. Supportive for whatever I need to do, covering if I need to go and just big hugs without asking. All good stuff.

My sister is doing it tough and it is making it even more difficult. She was very close to Mom and has a terrible flu right now so can't go visit. She is an emotional wreck and needs to get better so she can get in there, but can't shake it. I am worried that she may not get so see Mom before she passes. That would not be good. I hope my instincts and gut are wrong and Mom is not as far along as I think she is, but I am not sure. It is difficult being strong for someone else when you don't really feel strong at all.

Thank you all for letting me verbalise here. I appreciate your kind words and thoughts. It is nice just to let it out sometimes. I am not always good at sharing my thoughts and feelings, but I has felt good to get some of it out and not pack it around.

24Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Uno said it wonderfully.
Especially about the horse.
I hope your mom does not linger
or suffer.
Do take time for yourself just
to let it out and take some deep
breaths.

25Wallowing in self pity......... Empty Re: Wallowing in self pity......... Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:38 pm

KendraG

KendraG

I'm so sorry to hear this - thinking of you and your family.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum