Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is anyone else as stupid as I am?

+7
Swamp Hen
bckev
toybarons
SerJay
uno
chicken crack
Schipperkesue
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a little cold yesterday and I was going around with hot water to melt the ice in some of my animal's enclosures. There was what looked like a solid layer of ice over one rubber dish. I brought my heel down on it with a lot of force to crack the ice. Well, there was not a lot of ice there and my heel went full force through a thin layer. The water went straight up about 5 feet and splashed me full in the face. Ice cold water was running down my skin and forming icicles in my hair. I felt completely foolish and was glad there was no one around besides the dogs. I am sure they were all laughing at me. Sheesh!

2Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 pm

chicken crack

chicken crack

Yes, I have done that, foolishly, many times. You think I'd learn....

3Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha ha ha! Sorry...but I have my own 'stupid' events in the animal pens too. Mine is having my mouth hanging open like a cod while I shovel horse poo. The poo fork gets one tine under a little root and when you lift up at first there is resistance, and then SPROING it lets loose and you get a spray of horse poo into face and into open, stupid mouth.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH is a safe life philosophy in so many ways.

Sue, if we don't laugh, we cry. Better luck next time you put your foot down.

4Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yikes! Sue and Uno yuck! Done both and ewwww! Not as gross but also seal mouth shut when shedding out critters cause there's nothing like a sudden wind to have you coughing up hair all day yick!

5Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Ha ha ha! Sorry...but I have my own 'stupid' events in the animal pens too. Mine is having my mouth hanging open like a cod while I shovel horse poo. The poo fork gets one tine under a little root and when you lift up at first there is resistance, and then SPROING it lets loose and you get a spray of horse poo into face and into open, stupid mouth.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH is a safe life philosophy in so many ways.

Sue, if we don't laugh, we cry. Better luck next time you put your foot down.

Oh, Uno, you make me shudder! I have a similar story as well. I went into the coop to find one of the chickens needed to be immediately dispatched. My method is effective if you are accurate. I was accurate. My method was effective. But for some reason a huge splash of unexpected blood flew upwards, into my open mouth, and all over my face! I felt like I was participating in some voodoo ritual. Ewwww!

6Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:58 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Razz Yum!
*hee hee*

7Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

toybarons wrote: Razz Yum!
*hee hee*

Aren't you the girl who eats raw liver?

8Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:51 pm

LOL Sue. When I was first working on the coop, pulling out all that dirt and rubbish and crap (literally and figuratively), there was that pipe by the sectioned off area holding up that weird lattice, ladder, thing. I banged my head on it and got ticked off. I kicked the post and found out very quickly that post was holding up that thing, which turned out to be a roost. It came down and knocked me in the head again before sliding down my back.

Fun.

And/or stupid.

9Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:08 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
toybarons wrote: Razz Yum!
*hee hee*

Aren't you the girl who eats raw liver?

Yes I am. Razz Double yum!!

10Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:33 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You want to hear stupid, I try to farm.

11Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Oh my, this thread made my night! Not because I have experienced any of that myself of course... Razz

The sprinkler that waters the garden has a..spinny thing on it to spread the spray. Theres about 1/2 mile of hose between the house (where the tap is) and the garden. So you turn the faucet on and kink the hose when its time to move the sprinkler. Then you toss the sprinkler out to the general area of drought and run like...well, you know.

Remember to take into account the dried weed stalks that may stick up and jam the spinner. DO NOT see sprinkler not working, walk up to sprinkler, frown and poke it. Unless your looking for a violent, far reaching shower. The dog will get a kick out of it though!

12Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Qualicum Chick

Qualicum Chick
New Here

Hmmm ... I remember a particularly stupid incident of mine when I lived in the city and was new to gardening. I worked full time as a teacher and was able to afford a house keeper. This woman was the most amazing house keeper in the world, bar none! My house sparkled and I valued her so much. She was also an amazing gardener. One day, I was home while she was doing her magic and I told her I was going out to hose off the dahlia tubers so they could dry and then be put away for the winter ... in full view of the room that she was cleaning at the time, I grabbed the hose, turned it on, picked up a tuber and began spraying it. All of the mud and dirt from the tuber splashed in my face and on my clothes. Then in an effort to get the mud out of my eyes, I dropped the hose and it started spinning around and around soaking me with each repetition. I had to run over to turn the hose off ... it was then that Sue opened the front door and asked me what the hell I was doing, because it sure looked darned funny. My whole yard was dripping wet, and I was covered in water and muck ... talk about embarrassing! Embarassed

13Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:49 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not really stupid but very funny, closing in the birds one rainy night I shut the door, turned around and tripped full length over a black waterer that was hidiing in the dark. Laid me right out in the... ahem... mud.

For stupid, I haven't kicked my way through ice, but I have carried frozen a waterer outside, thrown it away from me and had it land so the ice shattered and water comes spraying back all over me. Wish I could say it had only happened once.

14Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It is even worse when the water bucket is frozen solid, and you end up limping for weeks from the heel bruise!

15Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

auntieevil wrote:It is even worse when the water bucket is frozen solid, and you end up limping for weeks from the heel bruise!

That was me yesterday. Yeah, did it again, same kennel, same water bucket, only the water was frozen solid this time. Embarassed

16Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Notice I omitted how many times I've done it. Goes from stupidity to insanity - bounce
Just not sure at what number????

17Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Empty Re: Is anyone else as stupid as I am? Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Sue, I just had to read this thread when I saw the title and then when I read your story I couldn't help but laugh . But to answer your question, No I don't know anybody who is. lol! Just kidding, you are smart and we both know it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum