Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it!

+5
Rasilon
Schipperkesue
SerJay
uno
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hardly believe it, robins everywhere here today!!!!!
I hope it means what I think it means!!! Banana

2Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

AH, you clever, observant girl!

I was out gardening (okay, pulling up strawberry plants) admiring the clear ground that was drying up. I was quite pleased thta spring had come early, but there were no robins in sight and I wondered about that. Then we got that EVIL snow ( a foot of it here) and it's still here! Note to self, if you do not see robins, do NOT remove winter tires, it ain't over till the fat robin sings, as they say.

I think the presence of robins is a clear sign. But I havent' seen any here yet. Now I'm worried. No

3Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:56 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Robins! Strawberry plants! Please send them north!!

4Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:02 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I tell you what, I was shocked. They are all over the hillside behind the house. Must be 10 that I can see (that could be a bit wishful Very Happy ) and very bright coloured. So nice to see them and the snow going at the same time!!

5Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Darn, you robin horders, you! Why can't you share!

6Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sigh its going down to the minus double digits for the next few days
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Geri

7Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I heard the robins the day before yesterday's yesterday, then saw them. Then day before yesterday we had 6 inches of horrible wet snow, all gone now, but awful!! Its been raining here all day, so haven't been out to see if I see them, but I still am hearing them. Yep, can't put it away, spring is coming and coming on fast. The chives are up about 1 inch!! Have awesome days, CynthiaM.

8Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Haven't seen any robins, Crying or Very sad But can always tell by the little birds at our feeders, if the weather is

going to change. They are absolutely swarming the feeders, filling up before night comes. Normally it's

just a steady feeding throughout the day. But not when the weather is going to change. Burr

9Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our feeder birds have dropped right off in the last couple of weeks. A sharp-shinned hawk found us. I think it only got one mourning dove but they're nervous of our place now.

Waiting for some return migrants to add a little variety to the chickadees, bluejays and common redpolls.

10Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We had snow, frozen ice balls, freezing rain and more snow yesterday. I opened the side door to go out and pick up kids from school and found a headless bird between my old dogs back and the door I'd just opened. Thought oh damn cats and went to move it but it suddenly flew away as I was about an inch away from touching it. Guess it just had its head tucked in real tight and thought to get shelter behind the dog and under the roof over hang in the terrible weather. Sure gave me a jump when it flew off though

11Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I still have lots of snow. I'm not particularly looking forward to the snow melting though. We did A LOT of dirt work in the fall so it is going to be terrible muddy until we can get some grass to grow!

12Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are feeling frosty and wintery again this morning. 2C but it feels COLD!

13Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Welll... Your robins wear army boots!

from minus 3 and 4 we are going down to minus 24 tonight. My white homer laid an egg. I am not sure how I can keep it from freezing. She does not lay on it steady yet I guess she is waiting for egg number 2 ANy body have pigeons? Can I take it in the house and give it back to her? any body know?
I am so sick of winter

14Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Empty Re: Oh my Gordon, you won't believe it! Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:52 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lol! Except around here the mailbox would be under snow hehe

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum