Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quail leg bands

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quail leg bands Empty Quail leg bands Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I've been told that my son must leg band his quail for 4-H but went to feed store and they have nothing that would be small enough. Is there a band small enough for Cortunix quail? Where would I find them?

He needs to choose his trio this next weekend and then have a pair as back up. So far tried the foam sexing trick but that gave us 1 male and 16 females so I'm hoping this weekend they'll be a bit more mature (5wks) and get better results as I'm certain that couldn't be correct!

2Quail leg bands Empty Re: Quail leg bands Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would try contacting POPWA http://www.popwa.ca/contact.html

I'm not entirely sure they deal with birds as small as quail. The pigeon fanciers might also have leg bands small enough, less sure on that one.

I am currently using small size zip ties from Canadian Tire for the week old ducklings. Pretty finicky on tiny legs, but could work for you in a pinch. They come in several colours.

http://countrythyme.ca

3Quail leg bands Empty Re: Quail leg bands Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:34 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you can find chick leg bands, they work. I have a small pack of #3 (I think) coloured bands. They are just small elastics, but work fine. I can send them to your if you like. I will bring them to work with me. If you e-mail me your address, I will send them to you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum