Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Empty Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Thu May 19, 2011 10:24 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can't believe I never thought of this!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Empty Re: Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 am

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I prefer head chop method..

Oh.. and someone else to do the chopping..

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Empty Re: Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Thu May 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Simple, quick, and effective.

I wish I had seen this last fall when I was forced to put down one of my hens who'd fallen sick and didn't recover. On the advice of well meaning in-laws, I tried to do something similar with a shovel held against the neck but I didn't put as much pressure as I should have and lets just say things did not go as smooth. Sad UGH, I still feel horrible when I think about it... No

4Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Empty Re: Brilliant Way to kill a Chicken Thu May 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

I read of that method using a broom handle or whathaveyou and figured I could probably do it if I had to. But, I had no idea the head came off....boy that would have been a surprise!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum