Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dan Smith is BRILLIANT!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Empty Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, I have been miserable and roasting in the house, even with an air conditioner in the room I practialy live in.

After reading his post about how fire fighters vent out hot air I had a look at my little air unit. I was properly venting the room of the hot air, but then I was closing all the windows and cranking up the AC after. It was blowing cold, but the room wasnt really cooling.

DUH!!! So now I open the window at the far end of the room a bit and VOILA! My little AC unit is doing a great job of keeping the kitchen nice and cool!

Thank you Dan!

2Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Empty Re: Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Shannon but it wasn't my idea I was only taught it by others who experimented maybe someone like you. Fifteen years ago the fire dept used the old method of having a fan inside the structure sucking the air and smoke outside and although it helped a little it was not near as efficient as this method that I explained that they use now.

3Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Empty Re: Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I did my Ag degre I learned about ventilating, and the idea was to push air in and build up the pressure, jsut like you said. What never occurred to me was that if the Airconditiong is on, there needs to be fow out too! It is so conter intuitive to leave a windoe open if the airconditioner is on!

4Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Empty Re: Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Where is Dan's post? I need to read that! Melting... I'm melting.... sunny

5Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Empty Re: Dan Smith is BRILLIANT! Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hmm - good information! Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum