Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

These boots were made for walking! (Inspired by Hillbilly)

+9
bckev
CynthiaM
Hillbilly
authenticfarm
Ruffledfeathers
HigginsRAT
coopslave
Fowler
Schipperkesue
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am already excited!

Please don't bring your 2x4.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Bring me a manual on how to fix it then Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I do my best just to accept stupid. The bell curve of intelligence must be maintained.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

And another pair. I wanted to show these off, but they're my better half's, for our wedding.
These are Old Gringo's, and don't ask what they cost. You don't wanna know!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I too have the faux Bogs from Walmart and I LOVE them! 2 years and they are still going strong. I didn't even break out my winter boots this year, thick socks and knock off Bogs were all that I needed! I should have bought another pair this spring to have on hand!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful, Hillbilly, just gorgeous!

Echo, I am still wearing my fauxs but with bare feet for my morning chores. And I will pick up new ones next season, for sure! The pattern is waring off the toes. Can't have that! Sad

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly...those boots. I am so moved by them. I know that your lovely half was laid up with so much pain and for a while your riding companion and life partner was out of commission. I know you were worried and it was a hard time for both of you. I want to see a picture of her in those boots, in her dress, with you holding her as you dance. Would you please post a pic of that for all of us here when the big day is over?

Those boots, to me, say love.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fantastic boots Hillbilly! Make sure you tell the lovely lady I said so! Very Happy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Hillbilly...those boots. I am so moved by them. I know that your lovely half was laid up with so much pain and for a while your riding companion and life partner was out of commission. I know you were worried and it was a hard time for both of you. I want to see a picture of her in those boots, in her dress, with you holding her as you dance. Would you please post a pic of that for all of us here when the big day is over?
Those boots, to me, say love.

Oh Uno, could not be well better said. Ask Wife, Hillbilly, if you have pictures of her in her wedding gown and the boots....can you make a picture. If she is shy, crop the picture so her face is not shown. I know some people do not like to be on the internet, and that is just OK. These boots were made for walkin'....and showing off. I don’t think I have ever seen a more pretty pair of boots in my life...really, just beeeeeautifuuuuuul!

I am thrilled to see this thread, and the boots and has again inspired me to remember to line up a bunch of boots. Daughter gave me an old pair of her boots that she does not like anymore. I have worn them a few times now (she gave them about 2 weeks ago), and boy, could I find a more comfy pair of boots, not sure if I could. These boots have really pointy toes, I think most of her new boots are more square looking in the toe, wonder if that is the more stylish type? She is very style driven, me, old school, give me old school stuff.

Speaking of Ariats. Didn’t realize they come in so many styles. About 4 years ago I bought me, and my two Daughters Ariat boots, these are more like hiking boots. Again, speaking to the brand, I wear mine for going out good, going out bad (hanging around anywhere), all the time. Not for chores, cause I want them to be nice for better times, smiling, so no chicken poopy bottoms. They are getting more comfortable as the years go on, they seem to conform to the shape of my foot. Youngest Daughter, now her on the other hand, wears hers everyday for everything, horsey stuff, towny stuff, whatever, and she has plumb worn out the inside of the heel part. Wonder if I could get them fixed for her. Not sure, but hey ya never know. We had a nice party at oldest Daughter’s home over the weekend. Saturday night. It was a celebration of all kinds of friends that had brought horses and their trailers to stay overnight and attend a barrel racing event in Salmon Arm over the weekend. Lots of people, all horsey. Youngest Daughteer was sitting there, as we were taking about footwear. Looked at her Mamma and said, “Mamma, I need a new pair of Ariats for my birthday or Christmas”. Come on....that is such a long ways off, I thought, want a gift earlier than these times (her birthday is May, come and gone, she wanted a family dinner with a seafood and steak feast for her bday gift, that she got...) So I think we are going on an Ariat hunt. This lead to other people holding up their feet with all different kinds of cowboy boots on, all made by Ariat. Shoulda seen the array of feet in the air, smiling. I saw Ariats of so many different styles, and I know that she was a’lookin’ too. Think we are going Ariat hunting soon. There is a place in Vernon called the Cowboy’s Choice. An incredible establishment and I know that they sell Ariats. This is where I bought our pairs of Ariats, still wonderful as the day we all got them. So...Ariats....just something about the brand. I can remember when I purchased the Ariats, a little tale was told to me by the salesgal. Think it went kind of like, some girls worked selling some particular brand of footwear, can’t recall the brandname, but they went on to develop the Ariat brand. Don’t know if it is hokey pokey, but seemed interesting enough for me to remember this bit of trivia.

Ya, so now I have a question for Coopslave and Hillbilly. I am speaking not to the Bogs or Mucks, or mucky boggy type boots, but to these pictures of cowboy and cowgirl boots. I would like to make a folder on my desktop and take these breed of boot pictures and put them in there? There are no faces associated with the boots, so would either of you mind if I copied those pictures from this thread and put them in my boot folder? I might even want to put these boots on my timeline on the facebook page, just to tease people, and make people yearn to have cool boots. If not, would you mind if I just took those pictures and showed them to my Daughters? I always like to ask permission about copying pictures. Please say yes, I won’t harm you, smiling.

Right back to the Ariat. One girl said that she loved her Ariat cowboy boots so much. They fit so wonderful and you could wear them for years without taking them off, the comfort is so high. But....when her feet get hot, they sweat. Really? Does that really happen, smiling that big smile....she has a hard time to get them off because she thinks that the boots like shrink wrap and such her feet on tight inside the boots. A dilly of a time. Of course she has a boot puller, but when she doesn’t, she has to get someone else to assist. How does one get boots off when they are stuck on like that. I would like to help her with some advice. Anyways....what a beautiful thread of beautiful boots. If I can ever remember and get around to it, I will line up all the cowboy boots at Daughter’s house, between her and her Hubby, they probably have a few. But....certainly not of the beauty that I have seen in this thread. Glory be!! Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Does anyone have repurposed boots?

I was at a motorcycle rally and one lady had cut the leg part off the shoe part and turned them into purses!

This weekend at a greenhouse I saw a pair that had been joined, filled with dirt and planted with flowers.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sue...we turned a pair old white cowboy boots into planters. filled with dirt and lobelia.

Cynthia and Uno, wedding day is coming in July, so I will be sure to post some pics. feel free to copy any pictures. Anytjjng I post on the internet is with the assumption it will be copied anyway. Oh, and I have more boots lol.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Permission granted CynthiaM! Very Happy

I don't always like Ariats as my feet are wide and the ladies boots can be a bit narrow. I have a big enough foot to fit in the mens but I can't always find a style I like there.
Having said that I bought a new pair out in AB in the spring. They were Ariats and I love them. They are a blonde colour and have a caiman sort of print on them. Very cool, but looking well loved and worn already. Will try to get a picture.
Bought them at my fav AB store, Irvines Tack and Trailer. Love that place and always spend far to much time and money there when we are out!!!! Shocked

Looking forward to the wedding pics and congratulations and good luck!!!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:
Cynthia and Uno, wedding day is coming in July, so I will be sure to post some pics. feel free to copy any pictures. Anytjjng I post on the internet is with the assumption it will be copied anyway. Oh, and I have more boots lol.

Oh cool, so the wedding is yet to come, for surely, pictures of the gal in her boots would be awesome!! Thanks for me to feel comfortable with saving your pictures, and oh!!! Get more pictures of your ol' boots Wink have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Oh, and thanks Coopslave, for the permission for your pictures too! You large footed woman you! tease, tease, hug, hug...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum