Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

These boots were made for walking! (Inspired by Hillbilly)

+9
bckev
CynthiaM
Hillbilly
authenticfarm
Ruffledfeathers
HigginsRAT
coopslave
Fowler
Schipperkesue
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now Hillbilly has a pair of righteous boots and I didn't want to hijack his thread with my footwear.

So let's show off our boots! There are many fabulous boot companies out there that combine beauty and practicality. Which boot do you favor and why?

My choice is the Blundstone. They are comfy, easy to put on and take off, come in several heel types and colors, and last forever! I got my first pair 10 years ago and wear them constantly. They cost around $200 and are worth every penny. Since I need an orthotic shoe and have a generous medical plan I can actually purchase these using that plan and my associated health spending account. Without these boots and the orthotic insoles created to fit I would be crippled up with knee, foot and hip issues almost constantly. I love my Blundstones!

These are the beloved old well worn Blundstones:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This year I decided they were a little too ragged and unprofessional to wear to school so I bought a new pair and keep the old ones for working.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Isn't it great when something is built to last?

I have a quilted jacket that was my Grandfather's. Don't know how long he used it but I have many memories of him wearing it. He dies in 1981. I found it in one of my mother's closets a few years ago and have been using it for outdoor work ever since. The threads themselves are starting to give way and I'm afraid it won't last much longer but it must have had a useful life going on 15 years by now (beside the time sent in storage).

Compare that to the brand new winter coat we bought for our youngest last year. Stupid zipper broke after 2 months.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a great idea. Those are sure familar looking boots Sue!

Ours aren't made for walkin'! Mine are the orange tops towards the end.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a great picture! I love a woman bold enough to choose orange! I was gifted some money this Christmas and splurged on a fancy orange leather briefcase for school. I know, not a pair of boots, but forgive my orange digression!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

and don't forget the orange mitts!!!!

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, lookee there, Mrs. Higgins, looks like we be sole sistahs! Our boots could be kissing cousins!

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:What a great idea. Those are sure familar looking boots Sue!

Ours aren't made for walkin'! Mine are the orange tops towards the end.

Even nicely broke in Smile I love that color coopy

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We lean towards gigantic steel toed rubber boots.

They are traffic cone orange or camo green.

They're warm to -40 with no liner. I think they're magical.

We use them for everything except going to town. And they get put away in the summer.

They're really not pretty though.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well now I'm gonna have to take more pictures. Thanks Sue. Hmph!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:Well now I'm gonna have to take more pictures. Thanks Sue. Hmph!

Don't tell me you have more boots! Shocked

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh man, what a stinky subject, smiling. I guess I am going to have to get out camera and take some pictures of boots. There are all kinds of boots around here and many that are loved, some not. Daughter has lots of cowboy style boots, gonna get some pictures. I like those blundstone boots, Sue, nice. And Coopslave, what a beautiful line up of boots, orderly...how do you get people to put their boots away like that? Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I splurged this year and bought some bogs based on a reccomendation on here, and I love them. Very hard to find a boot my size. Joan my youngest would covet those purple boots if I were to let her see that picture.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I bought some faux Bogs at the local Walmart for $35. They are not as tall and probably not the same quality, but the neoprene goes right into the foot area and they are warm and comfortable. A nice cheap alternative.

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Coop LOVE the photo! and the boots Very Happy

Sue my Blunds look somewhere between your first and second photo. So easy to slip on and off and comfy. When not covered in too much "stuff" they're my dress up shoes Embarassed

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Come on people, more boot pictures!!!

The purple boots belong to the young fellow that works here. He loves'm! Hubby's are at the far end, much to well loved to be in the fore front of the picture. Wink Everyone is pretty good about keeping the tack room really nice. It is a great room and we are lucky to have it.

Here is another boot picture. Hubby on his cutting horse just before he shows. Again, no credit to me for this photo, but I am thinking of getting this one to put up on the wall.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

That would look great in a frame, Coopie!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And here are the ersatz Bogs...

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok Sue, here's some more;

The new riding boots, in color this time;

My everyday off the farm boots;

My fancy shmancy boots;

My old riding boots, now summer farm boots;

And my fall and winter Muck boots that I live in for about half the year;

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

NiceI. I am partial to the ones with the cut-outs of crosses. They look hand made.

Butterboy

Butterboy

I have joined the boot cult, and I don't I think I will ever be able to escape it's tight hold!

They are so comfortable and functional, plus they look awesome. I will try to take a pic tomorrow.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sue, I wish you could see them up close. They're Ariats as well, and also have texas longhorns double stitched across the top of the foot. They don't have the ATS sole the riding ones do, so not as comfy, but still a nice boot to slip my foot into.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: Sue, I wish you could see them up close. They're Ariats as well, and also have texas longhorns double stitched across the top of the foot. They don't have the ATS sole the riding ones do, so not as comfy, but still a nice boot to slip my foot into.

When we meet, you must wear them for me!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Butterboy wrote:I have joined the boot cult, and I don't I think I will ever be able to escape it's tight hold!

They are so comfortable and functional, plus they look awesome. I will try to take a pic tomorrow.

Tight hold... Literally and figuratively!

Nothing more awesome than boots. I will have to photograph some of my dressier school boots!

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Hillbilly wrote: Sue, I wish you could see them up close. They're Ariats as well, and also have texas longhorns double stitched across the top of the foot. They don't have the ATS sole the riding ones do, so not as comfy, but still a nice boot to slip my foot into.

When we meet, you must wear them for me!

I'll practice the Sears pose #46 just for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum