Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where's your life at right now?

+15
Pollywog
Blue Hill Farm
lady leghorn
chicken crack
authenticfarm
Ruffledfeathers
Schipperkesue
Fowler
Moose
BriarwoodPoultry
uno
R. Roo
foal0069
toybarons
CynthiaM
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I haven't read all the responses, but I think that I am pretty happy. Pretty happy to be moved away now, almost 3 years from the Lower Mainland, wet, west coast of B.C. Pretty happy that I am honkin' along with lovin' life with gardens, chickens and my family. Pretty happy that we have had over 4 days of pure sunshine and the snow is gone. Was this thread about being happy? Oh well, if it is not, I apologize, but I feel pretty happy. Good serotonin levels with outside stuff happening all the time. In fact, it is 6:50 and I know that the sun comes up over the mountain at 7:40 in the mornings when that sun shines, so I have 50 minutes and I can go outside to play then. so can my chickens. Have an awesome, happy day, CynthiaM.

27Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 am

@Lady Leghorn

Though normally I would agree if you were pointing this towards someone else, I can tell you the only things that have come easy were suspect, and it continues to be that way. When I don't have to struggle and fight and flail for something, it usually ends up worse in the long run.

My Lender and I have a mortgage contract in place. Were you to know Lender, you would realize the few things that make us comfortable with the situation and with our friendship. Though I appreciate and underdtand your concern, I have to say I disagree.

And Mis Cynthia, of course happiness is allowed Smile Spread it, SPREAD IT LIKE SPRIIIIING to Saskatchewan

28Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:42 am

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweetened.....I am so glad you can and do make me wrong. Smile I really hope you get this mess straightened

around soon. Then you can relax and enjoy your home. Good Luck. cheers

29Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Life is pretty good right now, I can’t really complain. Smile (Well, other than the never ending winter. I have many complaints about that! haha)
Just lovin’ our new place and the area we’re living in now. It’s very peaceful and serene and the local folks have been so welcoming and friendly. Also super excited about the coop projects I have on the go. DH and I are in the process of converting a 12 x 12 wooden granary that was here into my main chicken house. The building is solid and in good shape, just needs new shingles, a few windows, and insulation. And of course chickens! Cool Then we will be renovating a couple round 8x10 bins into a grow out/summer coop and attached run. It should work nice to house the extra roosters until freezer camp time too. Now if this snow would just melt so I can get busy… bounce

Sweetened, it sounds like you've been through the ringer and back again on this deal. I hope things get settled for good for you, and the sooner the better. North of Regina, eh? Maybe we'll have to get together for coffee and chicken chattin' sometime. Very Happy

30Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

-We purchased a 50 acre parcel of land in 2008 as a vacation property. It's close to my husbands sister and her family and it is just beautiful!
-In 2011 we sold our house in the city and moved in with hubby's parents.
-In 2012 we moved onto our land (after subdividing down to 10 acres and selling the balance to hubby's parents) and we moved in September. All winter we worked on the inside of the house and soon we'll be working outside.
-This springs HUGE project is building a 24x16 chicken barn. In the middle 8 foot section there will be 3 brooder cages on the south wall (2 smaller and 1 bigger that will double as a quarantine pen) and shelves with space for an incubator. East and West walls will hold bins of feed, grit, and scratch and built in roll away nesting boxes (3 bins and 10 nesting boxes per wall).
-The East side of the barn will be this years birds that arrive in June.
-The West will be a work in progress that will be finished as needed. Both coops will have 2 different pop doors that go to separate runs so we can rotate and recover the weeds.
-The quarantine area will have a pop door as well that goes to a smaller run that will be set up for babies (smaller mesh of bottom 3 ft of the run).
-Then we are also putting in a fence around our yard area so we can get a couple dogs and if all goes well we could do a front porch entry way. So we will be BUSY this year! LOL. But we are on our own farm, with no debt, and no mortgage! It is wonderful! Very Happy

31Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:54 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="Flicker Chick"]Life is pretty good right now, I can’t really complain. Smile (Well, other than the never ending winter. I have many complaints about that! haha)
Just lovin’ our new place and the area we’re living in now. It’s very peaceful and serene and the local folks have been so welcoming and friendly. Also super excited about the coop projects I have on the go. DH and I are in the process of converting a 12 x 12 wooden granary that was here into my main chicken house. The building is solid and in good shape, just needs new shingles, a few windows, and insulation. And of course chickens! Cool Then we will be renovating a couple round 8x10 bins into a grow out/summer coop and attached run. It should work nice to house the extra roosters until freezer camp time too. Now if this snow would just melt so I can get busy… bounce

So nice to hear from you again flickerchick!
Glad you're loving your new place!
Take care Smile

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

32Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am happy, and the future is looking bright.

Right now we are living in an apartment, but you know what? That's ok.

Early last fall, I left a marriage that was abusive. Super hard to do because it meant giving up a lifestyle and home that I adored. I was a stay at home Mom for 11 years, so striking out on my own was pretty scary. My Ex is doing everything he can to make it hard for me, but I can over come it!

I got a job in November at a really cool Craft Store that seems to have some of everything and I get to help and meet cool crafty people.

A few months ago, I met a fantastic man. We're taking it slow, but he is quickly becoming my best friend and there is maybe a chance of a future there... maybe. Lot's of similar experiences and dreams for the future (including hobby farming which he has done in the past.) He lets me ramble on about chickens all the time and actually likes it and is interested. Anyways, we'll see what happens with this. If nothing else, I have made a wonderful friend.

I went for another Job Interview yesterday and got a job with the TDCSS (Community Living Service) which I am really nervous and excited about. It's something totally new to me, but I enjoy working with and helping people so perhaps it will be a good thing for me. I plan on keeping the Craft Store job for now and the new job has agreed to work around it.

Anyways, even though there is still stress with some aspects of life, I am happier then I have been probably for years. Things are looking up! Very Happy

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

33Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Silkie, love to hear that story. And that you have a new friend, one that cares about you and your interesting life with farming. There is good things that come from bad things. Always remember, if history had been any different, you would not be wearing those happy shoes that you now walk with. And a new job, that sounds just awesome too. That would be a government job perhaps? Good for you, go, girl, life will only get better and better and better. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

34Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Silkie, reading your post made me feel so happy, so relieved for you! Many of your friends here have been supporting you in their hearts and hoping with every energy that you would do well, that you and the girls would pull through. And you are so strong and so brave and so determined and HERE YOU ARE! What a joy to read your post!

I am so happy you've met someone fantastic. The mother in me wants to say BE CAREFUL but the woman in me knows that you are wiser, more shrewd, once burned twice wise. I know that you go forward with your eyes wide open and hope in your heart.

Good luck in your new job and Silkie if you have survived this divorce, NO JOB should ever make you nervous. You have overcome! You GO GIRL! Thanks for posting this.

35Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I too am glad to hear that your life is looking up Silkie!!

36Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="mirycreek"]
Flicker Chick wrote:Life is pretty good right now, I can’t really complain. Smile (Well, other than the never ending winter. I have many complaints about that! haha)

So nice to hear from you again flickerchick!
Glad you're loving your new place!
Take care Smile

Thanks miry! Very Happy We are so happy here. If you’re ever up my way you should pop in for coffee and I'll give you the royal tour. : Wink

Pollywog, it sounds like your living the dream. I hope you’ll post progress pictures of your fabulous sounding chicken barn. I must admit to some dimension envy. LOL

And wow silkie, good for you. I’m glad to hear you’re happy and doing well. I’ve always found your forum posts (and pics) thoughtful and inspirational. You’re one cool chick. Keep on keeping on. flower

37Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You ladies are so wonderful! Smile

Uno, Thanks for your concern about my friend. Perhaps I should share how I met him. It might put your mind at ease a little. I was actually good friends with his Mom for quite a long time. Through her, I knew who he was but had never really gotten to know him personally. A couple months ago I was telling my friend I wanted to go for a hike and was looking for someone to hike with and she suggested that I ask her son, Forest to go since he was into hiking. I said sure, why not? I really need to get out and do something, so he called and off we went. It's nice already being friends with his family, and everyone who knows him knows him to be a really kind person. He's well liked. He's met some of my family (who are a little protective) and even they can't help but like him.

I'm looking forward to learning something new with this new job. Here's a little more about the place, Cynthia. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers Yea, Silkie!!! cheers

39Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Silkie and Flicker, I'm so glad to hear of your triumphs! Good for both of you.

Flicker, we shall have to meet up for coffee sometime indeed. I work in Regina, so if you're ever by during the week around my lunch time, we should say hi sometime!

Otherwise, I think there's a couple auctions to attend up your way.

40Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well done Silkie! Your strength is a great example for us all.

41Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Went there, I am trying to figure out what the acronym stands for "tdcss". I looked over the site briefly, but could not find the name typed out in entirety. What does it stand for? I think that you will have such a nice job, you are a person that helps to help other people, that is clear to see, so this would be wonderful. My baby Sister (the one with the 6 kids) works for the Association for Community Living. Helping people in need, this is her gig too. Wishes for a wonderful new career, girl. Have an awesome day. CynthiaM.

42Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:24 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh and responding to everyone else that has told their little stories about where they are in their life, I have read them and find most interesting and wonderful. Each of us has that little place where we are at now, some I felt some sadness, but mostly a happy place. That is a good thing, love life, embrace this life we have that is given to us, change the things we want and know full well that this is our life, to do with what we want. Life is beautiful, in so many ways. Have awesome day wishes for us all, CynthiaM.

43Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CynthiaM wrote:
silkiebantam wrote: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Went there, I am trying to figure out what the acronym stands for "tdcss". I looked over the site briefly, but could not find the name typed out in entirety. What does it stand for? I think that you will have such a nice job, you are a person that helps to help other people, that is clear to see, so this would be wonderful. My baby Sister (the one with the 6 kids) works for the Association for Community Living. Helping people in need, this is her gig too. Wishes for a wonderful new career, girl. Have an awesome day. CynthiaM.

TDCSS stands for Terrace and District Community Service Society, and it does involve Community Living. Very Happy I have a couple friends who do this type of work, and they feel that it's the thing for me and have been pushing for me to give it a go for a while now. They actually recommended me to the people doing the hiring.

There is good things that come from bad things. Always remember, if history had been any different, you would not be wearing those happy shoes that you now walk with.

I had meant to comment on this last night. ^^^ Often since last fall, this has crossed my mind with the whole chicken thing which freed me of the worry about what to do and what would happen to my birds if I left. When the time to go came, I could go. (funny the things that can keep us in an unhealthy situations). Even though the marriage wasn't good, I do have 2 beautiful daughters, a chance to experience living in a place I loved in a lifestyle I may not have otherwise experienced, and I probably wouldn't have met some wonderful people in life (Including Bea and through her her son). So yes, There has been much good that has came out of this. It makes it all worth it.

44Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's your life at right now? Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:Well done Silkie! Your strength is a great example for us all.

I agree. Nice to hear a smile in your words again. Very Happy

45Where's your life at right now? - Page 2 Empty funny how the law protects you Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I do not know what province you live in Sweetened, but in BC when a Landlord puts the place up for sale, and it sells they are obligated to pay you one months rent at the end of the agreement or before. So i would be looking up the provincial legislation in your province, and letting the landlord know about it.
We had a temporary rental place and the landlord demanded the rent before the end of the month. He would start hounding us on the 20th for the rent that was due at the end of the month. Then he demanded post dated cheques. The he decided that because we were not complying with his wishes he would take the dog walk path away from us. This was a path that lead from our house, through his field to the river where we could walk the dogs, adn play in the river. We are very happy now to have our on place where we are peeing in all the corners! And btw..we also bought a truck that broke shortly after we bought it and it has been sitting in our driveway for the past 8 months. it is not about the end goal..it is all about the journey....rolling eyes...you will look back someday and laugh...
take heart..there ARE a lot of good people out there

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum