Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buff orpingtons, cute and cool pictures

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buff orpingtons, cute and cool pictures Empty Buff orpingtons, cute and cool pictures Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

A short beginning post that will have pictures added later as I make more posts. This is just a beginning, smiling.

There are two barred Plymouth rock hens, can’t seem to keep them from flying in and out of wherever they want to go. I have a person that is taking the hens, as they are just a bit of a nuisance with laying where I don’t want them to lay, hee, hee. Going to a good home, both the ol’ gals. Two of my original gals that were my first introduction to heritage breed chickens, they are coming up to four years old in the spring and are still laying an egg, far too often, shockers, eh?

Clearly this gal likes to be in the buff Orpington pen. She migrated over there when the buckeyes left. Guess she doesn’t like hanging out with the Javas. The other barred rock gal loves to hang out with the javas, so there she stays. Enjoy the pictures and have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

There are two hens in the buff Orpington nest box. In the first picture you see the barred rock hen on the left, the right hand box has two hens trying to lay at the same time. I have given another nest box, so there isn’t these kind of pile ups anymore.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look closely. One hen is actually sitting on top of the other one. The gal below looks like she is trying to get a breath of air, just some cute pictures of some cute gals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Isn't it amazing how determined they can actually be. I've seen that all to many times in my coop as well. Can't help but laugh Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum