Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who had them - - buff orpingtons

+5
DoubleSSRanch
KathyS
Arcticsun
chickeesmom
Perryschofield
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I was truly impressed by the beautiful pair of Buff Orpingtons at the show. they are the largest I have ever seen. I took down the ladies name but loss it in the mess of papers i brought home. Does anybody remember who she is. I believe she is on ACE but I don't have her ACE name.

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Her name is KathyS on here. Great lady, and those were the nicest birds.

3Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:52 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Im pretty sure she needed a horse trailer to haul those two home!

4Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you Perry! I am so pleased with them, and still on cloud 9 after such a successful and enjoyable weekend. Loved finally seeing Jonny's black Orpingtons in person - that Luke is just gorgeous - DSSR's big handsome splash rooster. It was really great to see all the Orpingtons and the 700 or so other assorted chickens there as well!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by KathyS on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

5Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Quite the beautiful birds you had there Kathy. Looking forward to seeing some of their offspring in the November show! Youll be seeing some blue offspring from my splash boy there!

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

6Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

DoubleSSRanch wrote:Quite the beautiful birds you had there Kathy. Looking forward to seeing some of their offspring in the November show! Youll be seeing some blue offspring from my splash boy there!

They are beautiful birds. i haven't kept that breed in over 10 years but they were so nice they gave me the itch for them. Please let me know if you have any young for sale. They were the nicest Buffs I have ever seen, in any breed.

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

7Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, girl, you got a very handsome looking dude there, no wonder he took that award, yay!! Yes, the buff orpington are truly a work of art when they have such gorgeous size and type. Yay!!! Go, go, go! Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

8Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Those birds of your's are what the breed should be! It has been a very long time since I have seen birds that good! And the size, WOW!!!!!

9Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Just purely amazing...

I was more than impressed with the quality of your Orpingtons, I was blown away.
Just gorgeous.

My goal is to bring the qualities of your Orps into my Black and Blue lines..... in due time. I need to improve size.
Got great tips this weekend.

Awesome Kathy, awesome.!

10Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Dear Lord
If you guys breed them any bigger at the next show we will have to bring out the turkey cages for Orpington row!

11Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:32 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

KathyS there size was very impressive. And in such nice condition, at least they looked to be to me! Your pair were a highlight of the show for me. I am happy to know who's they were!

12Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I really appreciate all the compliments on these beautiful birds. As most of you know, this pair is quite new to me, so I can't take any credit for their excellent breeding. But it is just wonderful to finally have these awesome Orpingtons to work with, and I am really excited to get my new buff breeding program going!

13Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kathy, do you know what the originating line of your orpingtons is? I would love to know, I have some nice ones too, but if I could get even nicer (and yours were different line than mine) it would be a boon to me in developing those big ol' fashioned buff orpington breeds, I am doing OK so far. Take it to email if you so choose. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

14Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:Kathy, do you know what the originating line of your orpingtons is? I would love to know, I have some nice ones too, but if I could get even nicer (and yours were different line than mine) it would be a boon to me in developing those big ol' fashioned buff orpington breeds, I am doing OK so far. Take it to email if you so choose. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Cynthia, we definitely share a love of these golden beauties! I've admired pictures you have posted of your flock too. The pair I exhibited at the Red Deer show are actually still quite young – the cockerel is just 9 mos old – so this winter/spring will be his first breeding season. I do plan to use him exclusively this season, so am hoping for lots of nice offspring. But nature is unpredictable and his fertility is still unknown so I'll have to see how things go.

I do want to be able to share these Orps with others, but this first year with my new breeding stock will be a learning opportunity for me. At this point my plan is to grow out most of the chicks I hatch in order to assess their growth and development and make comparisons. Later in the summer and fall if all goes well I hope to have some nice pullets and cockerels to sell and will post any for sale on my website and here on the forum.
Can't wait to fire up that incubator!! bounce

15Who had them - - buff orpingtons Empty Re: Who had them - - buff orpingtons Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kathy, thankyou for the kind words about seeing pics of my flock. I will not comment too much here, as this post is about your birds and you have already made comment in a different format, good. We'll be speaking more as time goes on. Just a quick thing. My buff orpingtons (Ontario line) are 26 weeks old, that would be 4.2 months old, and also are massive, even at this age. I reckon that by the time they are same age as yours, they may look as nice as your fellow I see there, he is stunning by the way, love his huge and beautiful comb!!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum