Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Get this, a cool hybrid, cochin and buff orpington

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last spring I sold a trio of young buff orpingtons to a friend of mine. At that time too, I also sold some cochin eggs for incubating, as I had done the previous year as well. My friend contacted me recently wanting more cochin eggs. One of his beautiful blue cochin girls died this winter, an awful thing what happened, won't go into details. He said that he loved the buff orpington cross hen that came from the buff orpington hen mated to his black cochin rooster. He told me she was furry legged, kind of alot of buff colouring with some black. He LOVES her and he said that she just does not ever miss a day of laying. Wow!! Talk about a good egg laying breed eh? I can't imagine what she looks like, he is not computer savvy, so no pictures, but when I go and see him, gonna get some cool pics of his egg laying, mean machine!! Just thought I would spout off about hyrid egg laying capability....she probably will be a great broody this year too, and I bet she is HUGE! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM, go have a look at Jonny's Blaff and Bluff, I bet the colouring is similar but more fluffy and feathery legs! They sound lovely.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Took these pics of a pair of Blaffs that I got from Marsha Small

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh la, la, now put feathers on the legs of the hen, and I bet they are dead ringers for each other!! Lovely. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

It's such a interesting colour combination.

From what I understand they won't breed true, but I can't help but put that Blaff Rooster over some of my Bluff and Blaff hens and see what hatches.
I enjoy crossing the colours of my Orps to see what I get!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum