Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love the basket tutorial Uno

+7
Echo 1
Prairie Chick
'lilfarm
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
uno
mirycreek
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Love the basket tutorial Uno Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love it and I want to try one too when I get back home, you make it sound very easy, I love lots of pictures, thanks for going to the trouble. sounds like a great way to use up fabric scraps.
I guess you could make rag rugs the same way but just keep working as on the bottom?
Reminds me of sewing up those coils from knitting Nancy's (corking?) always tried to get them to lay flat and instead they coiled up like a basket!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

2Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks MiryCreek. I hope you do try this. I am waiting for my photographer to have some free time to take more pics and I will be posting more of the tutorial.

There is a thread, started by SoSmarmySue called "Comments on Uno's step by step basket tutorial" where you can drop in to make comments, ask for clarification or mock my fingernails, which is what SoSnarkySue seemed to want to do. I have since shortened said nails...even though for once I was enjoying having some. Normally I have chewed off ragged nails. Anyway...

Stay tuned, get some supplies, drop in on the 'comments' thread if you want and I would love to see pics of what you're up to craftwise.

3Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

So I finally made enough of these for Christmas presents this year:
Loved doing them, couldn't stop until I used up all my clothesline on hand.  Since I was doing them Christmas Eve I really should buy some more line and get going on some Easter ones, I have lots of lovely pastel fabric for those.
thought I'd take a pic because often I forget about the stuff I give away

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was one of my favorites although I ended up really like the big pink one too(that took all 50 ft of clothesline) although I don't usually like pink!
Do you recognize the black and roses fabric in the one at about 7 oclock  Uno?  That was your Mexican mama fabric ")

4Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have been a busy lady, Miry!

I have seen these baskets used as kitten beds. Awwww!

5Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Miry! I am speechless! Did my tutorial inspire these amazing baskets? They are addicting, aren't they? And useful! What reactions did you get from the people you gave them to? I find people are always intrigued by them, and immediately place them on their head, like a cap.

See, I would not have recognized the fabric. That's another interesting thing with these baskets. Fabric that behaves on way, flat, in a quilt, will have a completely different effect cut into strips and wound around cording.

You go girl. I am ever so pleased that I have been able to help out a little bit.

6Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

those are awesome Miry! You are such a handy lady.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

7Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Beautiful and practical.  I'm lucky to have one of these made by Uno and it's very handy and much-loved.  And yes, I probably put it on my head when I first received it.  Wink

8Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:24 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Those are super nice baskets. Love the colors.

9Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have also seen and made them just with the rope and colored thread, they look nice as well.

10Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Love the baskets...how do I find the tutorial?

11Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Echo, click on the 'search' function at the top of the page. In the box type 'step by step basket tutorial'. Press the search icon and you should be able to find it.

Make one. I use mine for all sorts of things including emergency gift giving!

12Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:13 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Uno!  Very Happy 

13Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love my baskets from CapUno. They hold a variety of stuff that I frequently need but have no place for.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

14Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Echo 1 wrote:Love the baskets...how do I find the tutorial?
I also have word file I can send you that you can print out!  I just saved and tidied up unos original thread so it prints better
I would be happy to send anyone on here a copy...all credit goes to uno and her hd...im just her publisher and pupil Wink

thank you so much for all the nice comments guys.. you are very kind.
i kind of got the craft bug this fall and it is so nice when someone appreciates my little messes

Last edited by mirycreek on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

15Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:46 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Messes? Oh shut up.  tongue 

16Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Miry they are groovy! Lovely colors - remind me of somewhere festive and tropical.

17Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:56 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Those are really nice Miry! Thanks for the tutorial UNO. I would like to try and make one or two or three lol. They look addicting! Lou

18Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:19 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I totally want the red/blue/tan one!!!  flower 

19Love the basket tutorial Uno Empty Re: Love the basket tutorial Uno Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

blackdove wrote:I totally want the red/blue/tan one!!!   flower 
i liked the way that one turned out too!  my b-i-l is using it for a fruitbowl Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum