Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabric basket tutorial

+6
coopslave
Hillbilly
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
Prairie Chick
uno
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fabric basket tutorial Empty Fabric basket tutorial Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:39 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave, this would be quite an undertaking!

I taught myself by purchasing the book, It's a Wrap, by Susan Breier. IT was $25. I was charmed by the basket pictures inside and it does have good illustrations. But none of my baskets look like those baskets because the one thing I didn't understand until I had made a few was that the shape of your sewing machine determines the shape of your baskets, to some degree.

I could attempt a tutorial. It may be time consuming and come in bits and pieces, but it would give people the basic idea and then if you wanted to buy the book and further hone your skills, you could.

Or, COopslave, if you wanted to drive to my house for an afternoon, bring your machine, we could spend the day playing with fabric.

If other crafters are interested, I can give a tutorial a go, but you have to realize I am not an instructor and not a photographer and it might be a useless tutorial. And I would need promises to see pics of people's creations, even if htey were disasters because the first few always are! I'm preparing you in advance.

Coopslave, at my house or on line..up to you! Very Happy

2Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would be interested in a tutorial Very Happy

3Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would too, if I could come to your house to learn Uno I would, but that would be an aweful long drive. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

How about some pictures?

5Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oops, found them!

6Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think Coopslave has changed her mind...where is she?

Anyone else think they might actually try this? These little baskets make great Christmas gifts. Wait, did I say Christmas gifts in my typing outloud voice? They are small, unobtrusive and useful for containing all the useless stuff people will give you for Christmas.

Anymore takers?

7Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

An underwater tutorial?

8Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly, what on earth are you talking about?

9Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Underwater basket weaving......old high school joke...

10Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am interested in trying these beautiful baskets, if you think you can do an on line tutorial I am in Very Happy

11Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Could you just post a picture of each step as you do it? Is this too time consuming?

12Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, I was waiting for the overwhelming responce from others, and we got it. Wink I think a tutorial is in order, but if you don't feel up to it I will look for the book. I am very interested and I think others are too.

Take you time, if you do feel like doing it. It may be a nice winter project for you in the long, dark, cold winter days. Very Happy

13Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think I might be interested as long as it is written out with Pictures.
No video's as on dial up they never load

14Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Goody, goody, I'm so excited!

Yes, there will be pics. There HAVE to be pics! No way this can be explained.

I will make a new post to put the lengthy (but not too hard) instuctions in. I am so excited! Maybe some of you can make Christmas gifts! This is so much quicker than quilting. A fulfilling little craft that you can finish in a day, depending on the size of your basket. Big baskets take longer and require more material, obviously.

Stay tuned...

15Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:36 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now you have me excited again. I got the feeling it was something you didn't want to undertake very much so I waited for a little more peer pressure to help me get what I wanted. Embarassed

I look forward to trying a basket.

16Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

foal0069

Uno,
Do you have a picture of a completed basket also? I am also looking forward to the tutorial
Thanks, Holly

17Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Foal, you can find pictures in Uno's 'honour your spirit-Draw' post.

18Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I still cannot find the pics scratch

19Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, I saw them somewhere but can't locate them now. Sorry!

20Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here are the pic's of the baskets. Uno can we use used material or should it be new? Also i hope you don't mind me reposting your pics

uno wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have posted this pic before, somwhere. The baskets are cording wrpped with long, 1 inch wide strips or fabric, then sewn together with a zigtzag stitch. Eacg basket uses between (average) 20 and 45 feet of cording.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

21Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick, it can be used fabric. I think. I cut an old pillowcase into strips and used that. Just make sure it's clean and not stained. Also I use 100% cotton. Heavy upholstery fabrics or other fabrics I have no experience with, but think they would seriously tax the average home sewing machine. This project can get bulky, heavy fabrics make it even more bulky.

See my post, all in capital letters, FABRIC BASKET TUTORIAL. I think that's what I called it.

Thanks for reposting the pics for me...posting pics is not my strong suit.

22Fabric basket tutorial Empty Re: Fabric basket tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Keibler77

Keibler77

Uno...if I could sew, I promise you I would be attempting to make these wonderful baskets.

As it is however, you'd be lucky if a button I sewed back on for you would last the day...Lol. Perhaps someday I will take some lessons Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum