Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHB display in Leduc Peavey Mart... Picture Heavy!

+5
appway
Sebas49
Arcticsun
k.r.l
Schipperkesue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I spent the day in Leduc at the Peavey Mart helping out with the CHB display. It was a lovely day and so enjoyable is seemed over in an instant. I spent a lot of time answering a lot of interesting questions about our demo animals. Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. Whoever updates the CHB website, please send me an email address and I will mail any pictures you want to put on the website, straight to you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are Karrie, Jonny, John and Casey. They spent a couple days sharing their knowledge about heritage breeds up here in Leduc.

Now let's see if the pigeon lesson Casey gave me, stuck in my memory. This is an Archangel Pigeon

Blue Orpington?

Big, beautiful, buff Orpington

Sassy Sussex

Lovely Light Sussex

Buckshot, the Netherland Dwarf, basking in the heat.

Pouters....living up to their name.

Rico's favorite, the ever popular Silkie.

And last but not least a big Cochin Rooster. Watch out for him when his feathers come in. He is only half clothed right now!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great Looking Display Everyone!
What a nice selection of critters there. Country Thyme Farms updates the website.
Dan's email is on the website. I can send it too you if you need.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks good!

Schipperke, what a shame, I didnt know that you where there manning the booth. I was out and about today and would have come up to see you.

Sebas49

Sebas49

Great job gang. Excellent working crew but Sue you should have been in the picture to help improve the looks on the right hand side where the pigeons and Silkies are. Good pictures and I'm glad the time went fast. Thanks for doing the display today.

http://www.c-rducks.com

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great Pics
Look likes alot of fun
Thanks for sharing

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooooh la la, no kidding, what a great bunch of good looking bird. Loved how the black cochin stood so majestically, looking right at the camera. Lovely. It is so nice to see faces and put names to faces too. Loved the pictures of all the birds, the pigeons and the rabbit too. So much work to put things together, hats off to ya all! Have a great day, CynthiaM.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a wonderful assortment and fine representatives of the breeds! I LOVE the Black Cochin! He is impressive for sure. He must be Sue's secret weapon that I have only heard rumours of but had not seen pictures before. Laughing

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's funny, Kathy! Secret weapon! The scary thing is he has just finished his moult and about 50% of his feathers are just coming in. He is one handsome dude, and he sure knows it.

Mel

We stopped in to say 'Hi' Friday after work, good to see everyone there and what a great effort!!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

These photos were taken by Dominique Vrolyk

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

More Great Photos!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

An nice article about the Leduc Display

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It reads:

A youngster pets a “Silky”, a breed rarely seen in
farmyards these days.

On October 12 and 13, members of the Canadian Heritage Breeds group were in the City of Leduc, special guests of LEDUC PEAVY MART’s Customer Appreciation Sale, where the entire staff was out in full force, offering 15% off pretty much everything in the store. A colorful display was a special guest to help celebrate and entertain guests, displaying live farm birds, pigeons and rabbits!
A black Cochin rooster, splendid in his abundant feathers and majestic red face, two fluffy Silkies with turquoise ear lobes, Sussex hens with their impressive collars and various breeds of graceful pigeons were enjoyed by a lot of kids and their parents! The companion of a large grey ‘dinner’ rabbit, a dwarf pet rabbit with lovely dark colors was very popular, especially when taken out of his cage to be petted by visitors! Bird breeding is a popular and rewarding Agri-industry, even in urban settings, and this group’s dynamic website (canadianheritagebreeds.com) and friendly Facebook group promote this industry tirelessly, all year long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum