Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling Canada's secrets

+5
Schipperkesue
rosewood
coopslave
calliope
uno
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Selling Canada's secrets Empty Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Was listening to the radio about the fellow convicted of selling secret information to the Russians. It made me very sad. And he did it for about $3000 a month, which is a pretty crappy wage for espionage. Maybe the Russian bad guys are poor,or wanted to pay him in Vodka.

But really, what secrets do we Canadians have that are worth getting all excited about? I picture two trench coat clad men in dark glasses, looking shiftly around before stepping behind a tree. A quick exchange of a piece of paper, then an envelope with some cash and quick as that, the deal is concluded.

What is this secret? "Authentic poutine is not made with grated cheese, but cheese curds, which do not melt, known also by the technical term, 'squeaky cheese'." Yeah, this calls for some serious jail time!

2Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 pm

calliope

calliope

uno wrote:
But really, what secrets do we Canadians have that are worth getting all excited about?
Yes, that was my first reaction when I read the title of your post, and it made me scurry in for a quick look, thinking the secret would be revealed to me as well! Alas, all is for naught. If you ever find out what the secret is, please let the rest of us Canucks know so we can be proud that we had one worthy of stealing! (I wonder if it has anything to do with road hockey?) cheers

3Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nanaimo bars, Rice Crispy squares, Tim Hortons....wait, I am sure I can think of more secrets just give me a bit of time......

4Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The drafting plans of NHL teams for top Russian hockey players. Definitely not in demand this year.

5Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

calliope

calliope

rosewood wrote:The drafting plans of NHL teams for top Russian hockey players. Definitely not in demand this year.
No 'fraid not...

6Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

To continue the hockey spy theme...

Secret plans between Katz and Mandel to keep the Oilers in Edmonton.

7Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wouldn't mind if there was a team in Seattle, but would prefer a new team or one that plays in the east- cheering for more hockey in the Pacific time zone.

8Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think anyone wanting to steal secrets about Tim Horton's needs an American operative since it is no longer a Canadian owned company, if I am correct. And I usually am. Hey, with me being so close to pure genius, how come no one is paying me for what I know! I'd spout my unsolicited opinions for $3000 a month! I'd even wear a trench coat and sun glasses....while eating poutine. Cool

9Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tim Hortons merged with Wendy's some time ago. I don't think either are expanding to Russia.

10Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 pm

calliope

calliope

uno wrote:Hey, with me being so close to pure genius, how come no one is paying me for what I know! I'd spout my unsolicited opinions for $3000 a month! I'd even wear a trench coat and sun glasses....while eating poutine. Cool
I think they are afraid of pure geniuses...Wink

11Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

He may have understated his income for tax purposes. What is the allowable for 'spy revenue'?

12Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 am

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It's not us they wanted. It's only our guy. See we are part of the Five Eye (Canada,US,AU,NZ,GB) as well as nato. AND are the US closest when it comes to information. We have information that the US only shares to us.

13Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Apparently Canada is one of the most spied-upon countries in the world.

14Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:57 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Apparently Canada is one of the most spied-upon countries in the world.

Well, we ARE quite good looking.

15Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Are we talking spying or stalking, Fowler?

This morning they were saying that maybe they suckered this rube in with a kind of bait and switch routine. First they asked for help with information on the Russian mob- totally legit- then their requests for info became more and more dodgey.

16Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

17Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's it!!!

They were after the Red River Cereal formula!

Do your worst! I'll never tell!

18Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

19Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah but what KIND of wheat? Red Fife? Amazon? Helios? I'll never tell.

20Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

21Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:Ah but what KIND of wheat? Red Fife? Amazon? Helios? I'll never tell.
GMO wheat perhaps?

22Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Its the "CHEEZIES" they're after!

23Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark Wing Duck wrote:Its the "CHEEZIES" they're after!

The fluffy, light ones that are mostly air, or the heavy, salty corn based ones?

Personally I would spy on a country for cheezies! Mmmmm!

24Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mmmm...Cheezies.

25Selling Canada's secrets Empty Re: Selling Canada's secrets Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Dark Wing Duck wrote:Its the "CHEEZIES" they're after!

The fluffy, light ones that are mostly air, or the heavy, salty corn based ones?

Personally I would spy on a country for cheezies! Mmmmm!

There is only one kind!
Light, mostly air ones?!? sheesh!!! Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum