Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

frozen waterers already

+2
coopslave
Prairie Chick
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1frozen waterers already Empty frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't believe I am dealing with frozen waterers already, I am so not ready for this Mad

2frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I does really suck, doesn't it? I was just thinking tonight, time to run all the extention cords out again for all the waterers. sigh.....I wish it would wait another month or two.....

3frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've had ice in the hoses the last three days. Yesterday the hose to the coops ran very slowly for a bit, but eventually ran full stream. I need to put some more indoor waterers on the fridge list.

4frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Right rosewood, gotta roll up the hoses and store them too.....sigh.....

5frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Here too. Crying or Very sad I am also not ready. We need rain a lot more than we need frost around here.

6frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Me either! I don't want winter to come. Ok instead of winter coming, I'll think one day closer to spring. Lou

7frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is a good way to think about it Lou, but so hard when it is so cold.
Another day here and we should be back to + temperatures overnight again. Mine were only frozen in the tray, once I knocked the ice out they were fine. It is when they freeze solid I have issues....

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

8frozen waterers already Empty Re: frozen waterers already Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I had iced up waterers as well this morning....

Not looking towards winter, but really excited for spring! Come on Spring.. LOL

Then again, winter means Ice fishing, and skating and snowmen and tobogganing... a mild winter would be nice!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum