Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

weather predictions

+3
foal0069
Hidden River
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1weather predictions Empty weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We use The Weather Network, were does everyone else go to find out what is going on?

I find we are always colder than they say we are. Rolling Eyes Maybe it is just our little valley that is colder.

I closed the big window in the hen house last night. First time in months it was closed, well I leave a crack open but not full on open. Glad I did with -5C this morning. Gave the dogs all houses full of soft, second cut grass hay too. Don't have any straw at the moment. I musth have had a sense of what was coming last night. They haven't made a peep all night, all snuggled up in sweet smelling, warm hay.

2weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:55 am

I'm learning to judge the next day by the way the night feels, though I was way off last night. I haven't found a good resource on temperature/weather yet that's consistent.

3weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I generally use the weather network as a guideline, we are kind of in our own little weather system where we are located, so I go by Medicine Hat and Maple Creek weather, kind of do the mid range of the two.
Looks like rain all day today, cool and overcast...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 pm

foal0069

I have my own thermometer, use the city's weather network and hope one day to find a good old fashion barometer. The kind that says change fair and a needle that swings

5weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Sultan

Sultan

i use eenviorment canada weather page and i go on the radar funtion so i can see if it might rain here.

6weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I find this is usually pretty close.

7weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:We use The Weather Network, were does everyone else go to find out what is going on?

Coopslave This is where I check all the time and it is pretty good They might be off alittle but not much.
This is of Rock Creek as I did not know any that might be closer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They also will update it if there is Blizzards or bad winds

8weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmzone is based on "The Weather Network"
This information is presented by The Weather Network ©2012. All rights reserved. Farmzone.com is a trademark of Pelmorex media inc.

I mostly use "The Weather Network", but if I want an accurate temperature reading for Barriere I use the "Drive BC" weather station which is at about the same elevation as our location. The other sources use the conditions at the Kamloops airport. I do occasionally wish I had kept my father's weather rock which was never wrong.

9weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote: I do occasionally wish I had kept my father's weather rock which was never wrong.

What is that Rosewood? Why oh why do we let things go? I know, I have so many things that I no longer have that I used to have that I wish that I had now, sigh....would love to hear of your Pappa's weather rock, please tell what that was and what it did....have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

10weather predictions Empty Re: weather predictions Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

My father had a rock which they kept in the flower bed beside their deck. It was painted on one side indicating its importance as a weather rock. It very accurately showed the current weather conditions. If it was wet it was raining. If it was covered with snow you knew it was snowing. If it was hot the sun was shining brightly. It is one of the little things that now I wished I had kept.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum