Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snowing in Cranbrook right now!

+4
rosewood
Schipperkesue
coopslave
cbrookkelly
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sure could feel the weather change this afternoon but never expected this yet!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy crap, keep it there!!!!!!!! Shocked

3Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We are going to Osoyoos on Friday Coop! I like to share! lol! I can drag some with me Very Happy

4Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was snowing sideways tonight outside Drayton Valley. I am hoping it will melt tomorrow. On the plus side I won't have to haul water for a while.

5Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

cbrookkelly wrote:We are going to Osoyoos on Friday Coop! I like to share! lol! I can drag some with me Very Happy

Dont' you dare Cbrook, I would never speak to you again! Lit the fire today for the first time. I have been being stubbern, but the house was only 12 today. Brrrrr....

6Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had a short snow shower around lunchtime today. The snow melted as it fell. There was a violent thunder shower here last night. We have some chickens in the outside run that piled up in a corner. We lost 5 Delawares and a Gold Laced Wyandotte rooster. Today was cold and windy-a bit on the if you don't like the weather now wait a few minutes.

7Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snow...the weather word that shall not be spoken! We lit the fire too, something I've been avoiding since the first furnace blasts of the year blow an unbelievable amount of dust and other debris out of the ducts. Cough, gasp. BUt so far, no snow.

Cbkelly, nice to see your name as it seems you aren't around too often. Hope all is well in your world.

Batten down the hatches, fellow flock fanciers, I think the season of Big Ugly Wood is almost upon us!

8Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was awful winds around here yesterday, made the skies all horrible cloudy. Cleared up, but still very cool. Got up this morning and the temperature outside said -1. Yep. That winter switch has turned, time to really get hard into garden clean up. Not a killer frost yet, but that is coming very soon, gotta beat it. Lots of canna lilies to cut down, dig up and store...take care, it is cold weather coming hard and fast. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

9Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, -5C here this morning. Like you say CynthiaM, I gotta get stuff dug up and get ready. I think winter is comeing early this year. Such a shame too with the nice weather we were having in Sept.

10Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

And here we were 22 the other day and still no precipitation forecast until the 16th.
We need some rain, or at this point I would take the snow. Its way too dry out there still for my liking.

11Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've had the wood stove going mornings for a since mid September. On cooler days we've started it again at night. We had our first heavy frost of the season this morning and had to scrape the windshield to take the gkids to school as the bus doesn't come the kilometre up the mountain to our place.

12Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, had to comment again, killing frost for sure last night, the night before at -1, almost, almost. Last night down to -3. I worked my buns off yesterday getting the remainder of the vegetable garden that needed to be harvested. Squashes that were picked, laying on the ground, peppers that had been hung on the pole bean trellis for drying, and the remainder of the tomatoes. All brought to safety and covered with a couple of sleeping bags, until I can get to them during the day. They just need that extra protection at night until I can get them worked on. The chard and carrots can stay for a bit, I don't like to dig in the ground for my foot when I can have it safely put up in my extra fridge. I am thanking my lucky stars that I got these tender vegetables all safe and sound. Such a waste if they had become blackened too by frost, just like the canna lilies did the night before. More work now with the work on many, many canna lilies to be cut down and roots pulled to store. Eeeks. The day got reasonably warm, but still needed a light jacket during the day, only warm enough to take that off for a couple of hours. How can it change so suddenly, that blue sky that is still so blue but really does not shed the heat like it did even a week ago. Befuddles me mind!! Have a beautiful day, prepare, prepare, the hard frost will come. CynthiaM.

13Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

-7C this morning for us.....sigh.....its coming. Rolling Eyes

14Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am

Well I guess our neighbours to the west wanted to share there good fortune with us ! Winter storm as we speak !! Lots of blowing snow and although we needed moisture I think I would have prefered rain at this point in time .It will melt ,but a good reminder of what is comeing for sure

15Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Empty Re: Snowing in Cranbrook right now! Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 pm

CountryCabin

New Here

Oh goodness do keep it there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum