Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is snowing.....yet again

+6
rosewood
Hidden River
uno
fuzzylittlefriend
coopslave
bckev
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1It is snowing.....yet again Empty It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have taken holidays to build my chicken runs, and have a few more to finish but it is snowing heavily. I guess the only thing to do is stay in drink coffee and read my new murray mcmurray catalogue. I have a pot of kicking horse decaf on so pull up a chair and help yourself.

2It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snowing like crazy here too Bckev. Only -1C but we are going to have a lot more snow before the day is done I think.
If I wasn't so sick of it I would think it is pretty. Still and quiet with BIG flakes slowly coming down.
Pretty in the middle of winter just BLEHK now! Laughing

3It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Depressing....super depressing.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not snowing here (neener neener) but looks like it might soon. Burning mess is sort of difficult when you have to shake the snow off first before throwing it on the fire. SOggy fires are tricky.

Yesterday morning was so beautiful and now today, meh. Maybe more coffee is the only solution.

5It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not snowing here yet but I hear we have some on the way. I sure can't wait till spring. I am sure I will complain about the mud, but this cold and snow is just not nice right now..

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm

It's snowing pretty hard here now. Winter's last gasp, I hope. If I could find a place to aim, I'd happily put it out of our misery. Twisted Evil

7It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

No snow here today, but the wind is very cold. The temperature is just above freezing. Yesterday was a fair day.

8It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It is melting slowly, about three inches total. I was working in the muck yesterday and today I am working in the house. I finished the pot of coffee and now on herbal tea.

9It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm

vic's chicks

I know you guys are all tired of the snow, but I really miss it. Vancouver Island hasn't had a hard winter this year, about the mildest I can remember, but it has been one of the grayest , Not much rain either just gray.. I was born and raised in Winnipeg. The sun shone most days and there was lots of outdoor things to do and people got together alot. Kids played outdoors . Here you almost never see kids playing outdoors in the winter. So hope the snow is gone soon for you and you get to see some green again. I remember also just craving to get my fingers in the dirt and grow something about this time every year when there was still 2 feet of snow covering the ground

10It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:27 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It has started snowing again, at least it is dark and I can't see it.

11It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

another three inches last night. Melting and heavy this morning,impossible to work in. took me twice as long to do my chores.

12It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Well you guys have sure been lucky this year ,we seem to get the warnings of heavy snow fall and then it skirts around us .......all year long and last ! But I'm waiting for it to be gone ASAP !

13It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:34 am

I have 4" of heavy wet snow and it's coming down like mad this morning. I am heading up skiing tonight/tomorrow. Sometimes you just gotta make hay while the sun's shining. sunny Or something like that.

I do hope it's gone by the weekend.

14It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had about that much last night. Just able to see some ground and mud and last night covered it all up again. Just the time of year for that I suppose.

15It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's crap! I had great plans to get on my horse today Mad

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

16It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

another skiff last night, but am gettin gout and working anyway, my holidays are almost over and I still have a ton to do. At least my cabinets are built and ready to go into the kitchen. The chickens have been very patient but lately there seems to be a lot more fowl talk towards me.

17It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have close to 8 inches here.

YEsterday I pulled up all my stawberry plants with great plans to build riased beds. TOday I was going to shovel all the soil out of the way. Yesterday the only snow was the banks plowed up along the driveway from clearing. Today...there is no bare ground visible anywhere, tree branches are breaking under the sudden weight. The mud that was drying up (she says gleefully) is going to be mud again, for a long time.

The horses are probbly regretting all that shedding they've been doing. I hate this.

18It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My cousin called last night to say he had been shed hunting up the cliffs and saying how little snow there was. I think he jinxed it. We only had a skiff here last night, now it is looking and smelling like rain. I have a quick lunch and tea and then back out to work becuase I don't know how much time I will get. I find the critters seem to know when to shed, so I am betting there is warm weather coming quickly if they are shedding heavy.

19It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So it warmed up, the snow is almost gone and I think I sunburnt my bald head working outside yesterday. Fingers crossed no more snow,but we usually get a late dump. Now my concern is flooding, it has climbed to 16 and there is a lot of snow in them thar hills.

20It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SO excited to see the sun yesterday, even though the mud is still knee deep. The burst of solar energy inspired rash stupidity and Hub and I undertook one of those adventures that contribute to statistical data of people killed at home while trying to pull over dead birch trees with rope. This required a sling shot, a bow and arrow, different weights of rope in inadequate length, a near miss for a horse (amazing how you cannot get the arrow to go where you want, but can almost shoot a horse you're not even looking at). Now I know why they call those bad, old trees widowmakers. Good thing Hub has the lanky, long legs and can run like the wind with both arms covering his head while I scream trms of endearment and encouragement like "Run, you fool!"

THe afternnon of sunny bliss was topped off by another of our favourite enterprises; setting wet stuff on fire. The liberal use of various accelerants and more shouts of, "Stop, drop and roll, you fool!" overall, a good day was had by all.

21It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:SO excited to see the sun yesterday, even though the mud is still knee deep. The burst of solar energy inspired rash stupidity and Hub and I undertook one of those adventures that contribute to statistical data of people killed at home while trying to pull over dead birch trees with rope. This required a sling shot, a bow and arrow, different weights of rope in inadequate length, a near miss for a horse (amazing how you cannot get the arrow to go where you want, but can almost shoot a horse you're not even looking at). Now I know why they call those bad, old trees widowmakers. Good thing Hub has the lanky, long legs and can run like the wind with both arms covering his head while I scream trms of endearment and encouragement like "Run, you fool!"

THe afternnon of sunny bliss was topped off by another of our favourite enterprises; setting wet stuff on fire. The liberal use of various accelerants and more shouts of, "Stop, drop and roll, you fool!" overall, a good day was had by all.

Thanks for the vivid pictures and giggle Uno!

22It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It was cooler yesterday but still working in shirtsleeves. Last day of my holidays and last chance to make sure the whams I am getting from coopslave on tuesday have a home of there own. A nice skiff of snow on the ground and very icy. I was working with my winter hat and coat on. It is warming up now so I may be naked by the end of the day.

23It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

We got 12 cm yesterday, they are calling for 10 cm today and its cold enough to freeze the b---s off a brass monkey! It will be -30 tonight with windchill, suppose to be cold all week. Did I sleep threw summer and we are in winter again? We are currently under a snow fall warning.

Hubby called from work (snow removal) yesterday and informed me we are moving cause he can't take it anymore ...lol

24It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just arrived home from a show in Washington driving my little Ranger and what a trip over the Coquillia. I didn't think I was going to make it snowing like you would not believe and ice and packed snow, I was only going 60 and less kms and no one was going any faster, not hardly even a lane to drive in. In some parts you couldn't even determine if you were in fact on the road. Very scary. Once we got just outside of Kamloops and all the way home dry roads and beautifully bright and sunny.

On the bright side I had Show Champion on a Bantam Black Old English Game cockerel. Over 800 birds in the show but don't want to travel though something like that again.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

25It is snowing.....yet again Empty Re: It is snowing.....yet again Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think this is the joy of climate change. We did have some sunny breaks, but a cold wind blowing all day. Just enough of a hindrance that I didn't quite finish all of my breeding pens, and my holidays are over. I don't think I want to go to work tomorrow I enjoy farming holidays even if the weather sucks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum