Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is snowing AGAIN! :(

+4
rosewood
SerJay
BriarwoodPoultry
coopslave
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, after some lovely sunny days we are getting snow again. Rolling Eyes
The weather has been very good for calving, it got a little warm and muddy, but the past week cooled off and everything froze again which is better for the little fellows. So -10ish at night and up to a sunny -1ish throught the day with a little melting but freezing again has been good. Now all this snow.
Man, I just want Spring to come, but not the mud. Not to much to ask is it??? Embarassed

2It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 am

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am in Edmonton ... WHERE IS THE SNOW HERE?!?!?! I had my heart set on tobogganing.... however given the snow situation it would be more like dragging my bottom on dry, brown, crusty ground with spots of ice Neutral

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sounds like we've been having weather like you Coopslave and we're getting some snow now but on top of the ice that smoothed in the "warm" temps and it is so wickedly slippery this morning! The ice was fine but now with that 1 inch of fluffy light snow on top it is deadly Evil or Very Mad I am with you if only we could skip this thaw part and go straight to bare dry ground cheers

4It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are getting a big dump of snow here today. The yard is an adventure because under the wet, slippery snow is ice. We can use the moisture here as we have had very little snow this winter. The blade was only on the quad briefly, but maybe will be needed again.

5It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Isn't the ice under the snow deadly?!
We are STILL snowing here. Forcast was for 1cm..... right, must have 3inches or more now.
Don't worry Albertans, I suspect it will be out your way in a day or two.
Maybe this is winters last stand, but somehow I don't think so. I can't wait for the end of March to get here. Just wishing my life away. Rolling Eyes

6It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snowing here too. I'm with Serjay, I want it to go from snow to bare, DRY ground. I am sick of winter but I really hate mud season! We have around 3 inches now, but because it is below freezing the snow is light and not quite that deadly, slick, clumping into ice type. But that little layer over ice...this is how people break limbs and hips carrying water DOWNHILL to the hen house! Be careful out there.

7It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had just a light dusting of snow again last night, still grass poking up through it. I am sure we will get your snow this way soon. I am like you don't mind the snow so much, it is the ice I hate, and the COLD Burr
But our milk cow we sold last year just had her calf last night, so our milk cow here should be coming soon since the bull was only in our field for a couple hours tops... Of course nothing is simple about this cow so she will probably wait till we have a full blown storm to have her baby. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

8It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

No snow here...and boy do I hope it stays that way! Nanana hehe, I've wanted to use that smilie for awhile now...

Although I don't really mind snow...as long as it comes with Sun It's the freezing COLD that gets me. -40C is NO fun for people or critters. Burr

9It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am with you there Flicker. I don't usually mind the snow either but I hate the cold. I guess I am just over winter even though I know we have another month of it.
It hasn't stopped snowing yet. Still coming down. Will have to get the tractor and blade out now. I bet we have close to 6 inches by the time it is done. Neutral

10It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm sure glad they didn't forcast any snow because we have had snow the whole day. I suspect if it was forcast we would be needing a ladder to get out of the house. We have had more snow today than we had for the last day with a heavy snowfall warning.

11It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

No snow here. Lots of ice though. I was moving 6 big heifers in the stock trailer and slid down the drive. A few scary moments before I hit dirt again.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

12It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We live in a very quiet neighbourhood here, but a snowy day here has a quietness like no other. I was outside splitting our daily firewood in the darkness and could see a few stars shining brightly. The snowfall is over, but it was apparently a record snowfall in Kamloops for this day.

13It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Man, left Friday afternoon and came back yesterday around lunch. We have had about 16" of snow since I have been gone!!!! I am sick of it. Mad
We are supposed to have light flurries for the next week, there couldn't possibly be more snow coming could there??
Sigh, were I was over the weekend was looking decidedly like spring. A girl can dream I suppose. Rolling Eyes

Off to clip heifers for the rest of the day, to put in the sale catalogue. Everything is so much more work in this much snow.

14It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm not sure if our weather is a great improvement, but it warmed up yesterday and rained all afternoon and over night. It is a neat view of the mountain from here at the moment as there is a line of trees floating in the sky.

15It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You'll never guess what it is doing like crazy, right now. Rolling Eyes

16It is snowing AGAIN!  :( Empty Re: It is snowing AGAIN! :( Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll guess it is raining right now. Well perhaps that was yesterday. I'll change my guess to it is melting like crazy. Most of our driveway appeared this afternoon after a three or four month absence. There is a small creek running through one end of the old coop and the east end door of the hoop coop. It is much easier to walk through slush than skate on the ice rink we had here. I will be so glad to throw my -100 degree boots away soon. They kept my feet warm for two seasons, but they make me tired just going down the steps and exhausted going up the steps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum