Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big News - Poultry People

+11
happychicks
karona
cuckoomama
appway
loushrop
Arcticsun
Prairie Chick
Rasilon
Hidden River
Swamp Hen
TysExotics
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big News - Poultry People Empty Big News - Poultry People Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm

TysExotics

Building has begun on one of our other properties... Canada's newest rare & exotic breed hatchery. (Ducks, Geese, Chickens, Quail, Pheasants, Peafowl, Turkeys and Guinea Fowl.)

I am in the process of signing the agreement with Canada post - I will be shipping chicks VIA Canada Post to most post offices is Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.

Vaccination equipment and 15,000 egg capacity Natureform incubators are being ordered.

Breeding pens are in construction. Hatchery building has cement poured. Fences are going up..

Waterfowl will be offered starting March 1st.

Chickens wont be available until late spring/early summer for 2013. For 2014 hatching will begin March 1 for all breeds.

Since breeds have not been 100% set, id like to hear some input, what breeds would you like to see available? What quantities would interest you of that breed?

http://www.prairieexotics.com

2Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:42 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Wow, that is good news! Being from Manitoba, my opinion may not matter much. However, I'll add my two cents. A lot of times what keeps me from ordering from the hatcheries is the minumum order size. 25 chicks is overboard for a little backyarder like me. I understand its for warmpth and all, but maybe if you could look into sending them with a heat pack? Just a thought.

Wyandottes: Looking to improve my stock with more "type-ey" birds, probably 5-10
Chantclairs: Been hearing everyone rave about these guys, would like to try 10

Araucana/Americana/Easter Eggers (and whatever else you want to call them!): I would only like about 5 of these personally, but have noticed they always seem to be in demand at poultry sales and on classified sites.
Marans: Whatever variety, same as the Americana, always seem to be in demand.

3Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good for you Ty. Can't wait to come for a tour!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Swamp Hen wrote:Wow, that is good news! Being from Manitoba, my opinion may not matter much.

Too bad that Manitoban are being left out of the loop.
Anyway good luck with your venture . I would like to see all the
varieties of Plymouth rocks available .

Geri

5Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats Ty!

6Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

How Very Cooool!!!!!
I am looking forward to the shopping list!!!!

7Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How exciting and congratulations Ty! I will get my list ready for next year! Lou

8Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great news Ty cant wait to see a Catalog
and price list
Really Happy for you

9Big News - Poultry People Empty Big News Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:04 am

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Super! Looking to replace the birds that were killed. Can't wait.

10Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sounds exciting put me on the list for price list etc.

11Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 pm

TysExotics

I have been thinking about the smaller quantities and may consider trying it with heat packs, but im waiting to hear back from Canada post, I think 25 is a minimum they will allow.

Hate to leave out the Manitobians, but I don't think the chicks can get there within the 36 hour allotted time. I can still ship by WestJet or AirCanada.

Once its done Jayme, come on out! Who knows when it will be done... Seems like there is always something getting added lol

http://www.prairieexotics.com

12Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:44 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wonderful! Good luck!

13Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Anna

Anna

Wow, this is awesome!
Congrats and good luck cheers

14Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

After hearing some of the awful stories of chicks being shipped up here from the States, it is certainly good news to know there will be a local alternative. Much better for the welfare of the chicks, and that makes for happier customers.
Congrats Ty, and all the best to you in your new venture!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

15Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Rosies

Also very excited !!!! Congrats Ty!! We are finally in the last stage of our house Reno so should be done within a week so I can move onto building chicken and turkey pens!!!! Yay now I can actually get more birds. Can't wait to see what will be available!!

16Big News - Poultry People Empty Re: Big News - Poultry People Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:31 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Nice!! Happy building!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum