Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sam....the news is really bad ;(

+17
Fowler
CynthiaM
jocelyn
mirycreek
ChicoryFarm
uno
loushrop
Hidden River
JaerhonChanteclerEuskies
chickeesmom
SerJay
Susan
pops coops
Prairie Chick
Giddyup
BriarwoodPoultry
cbrookkelly
21 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:58 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Several radiologists and vet oncologists have confirmed two cancers....an unusual and aggressive soft tissue and a bone cancer. Has been recommended to keep Sam comfortable for as long as I see fit. He is in big pain. The soft tissue one could be anywhere. I just saved this Boy 5 months ago and fell head over heels in love with him ;(
Sam has weeks left maybe less....life is so unfair.

;(

2Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Kelly I'm so sorry. It's never easy, no matter how much time we have with our pets, once they are in our heart it hurts to say good bye. I don't envy you and your post nearly brings me to tears as I look at our old family dog who has slowly gone off her food over the past week and tonight won't eat at all. Looks like a trip to the vet for her to see what's up, although I think I know, and her time with us is running out. Sad So sad, my heart breaks for both doggies.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

I'm so sorry, but at least you know for sure.
Sam came to you for a reason. Although it may be hard to see now try to reflect on that, what he has taught you and brought to you and your family, and you to him.
Everything happens for a reason, no matter how awful.
Big hugs!
Aurelia

4Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am so sorry Kelly

5Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

life works in ways we will never understand, he came to you because he needed a good place to be, he is with you for a reason you can make him comfortable and he will be in the best care with love.

http://www.popscoops.com

6Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm so sorry.

7Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm so sorry this is so awful but you had the joy of her in your life and you gave her a happy loving home. We finally had a nice day (amazing) but I had to make final arrangements for my first horse and so I spent the day hiding inside feeling sorry for myself while she grazed happily in the pasture. It's so hard to let a friend go and even when you know it's the right thing it's still so sad. Take care of yourself

8Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:45 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So sad to read these posts, Kelly and Serjay, hoping both of you can get threw this and remember all the great love you shared.
Crying or Very sad

9Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Im sorry
Sad

10Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Sorry for your horse too SerJay; I know I'm going to be in your shoes not too long from now and I am so dreading it. Take care of yourself.

Kelly, as I said earlier, sometimes all we get is sheer quality, and it's the quantity that's lacking. I hope you can, someday, remember the quality time Sam and your family had together and that you accept that you were the only place for him to be. It's so rough that we feel such emotions. Just try and take some comfort that Sam spent the last few months of what sounds like a decidedly rough prior life protecting a family that he loves, giving back in that amazing dog way.

Big hugs to you both.

11Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hugs Kelly. Crying or Very sad

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

12Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

He may be with you in body for a short while but he will be with you in spirit forever. You gave to him and he gave back to you. There is a reason for everything. Cherish the time you have left and your memories will carry you through.

13Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know exactly where you are and am sorry that we all find ourselves there. This is the hardest call to make. No happy way to do it. You've had a lot to deal with lately! Sorry for this heartache.

14Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thinking of you Kelly....... Crying or Very sad

15Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

so sorry to hear the sad news, that is rough on all of you.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

16Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty sam Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 am

jocelyn

I'm sorry dear. It's hard. Perhaps he was meant to be rescued by YOU, so that he could have a decent end. You'll know when it's time. Don't beat your self up after you make that final appointment, when it's time, you'll know. A few more days is not a blessing when it's time.

Jocelyn

17Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Kelly, this is a sad thing, and for you too SerJay, and well anyone else that has had to deal with death of their beloved dog. You have given that pooch happiness and he has returned that happiness, remember the good times. We have a dog that is 11, he will be in that position sometime in the future too, sigh. Keep the chin up, and try to find something to have a great and wonderful day, CynthiaM.

18Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry. Sad

19Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts are with you.

20Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I’m so sorry. Sad Will be thinking of you.

21Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:56 am

dj

I'm so sorry, I had to deal with the same thing with my Rotti, Karma. I knew she needed to go as her pain was too great so I took her to my vet and got him to come out to my truck and held her in my arms as my vet gave her a tranquilizer and then the shot to put her down. It broke my heart and I still cry when I think of it, but I had to do it for her. Be strong for Sam, Sad hugs

22Sam....the news is really bad ;( Empty Re: Sam....the news is really bad ;( Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So sorry to hear. Cherish each day that you have with him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum