Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Eggs They are A-Comin'...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Eggs They are A-Comin'... Empty The Eggs They are A-Comin'... Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Hurrah, Hurrah cheers Much as I love baby chicks, kits (those tans were adorable), and duckings (still have to get a couple of those), there is nothing like first eggs. At five months the leghorns have started, and at six and a half months, my son's beloved mille fleur d'uccle laid her first egg. In fact, we had a high and a low today, 25 grams (d'uccle) and 65 grams (speckled sussex). No egg from a newly laying hen can get placed into the egg carton until all household members (except the cats) have had a look-see Shocked Soon the silver ameraucanas and partridge chanteclers should get on board, and we will be rolling in eggs (pun intended) and be egg independent! Wish we could be chicken independent as well, but that is emotionally harder, and requires a lot more chickens. So I will have to keep buying those over-priced, mushy chickens from the store, and enjoy over time the ten roosters that will hit freezer camp later this week. Thankfully, we will soon have a freezer full of hormone-free beef (though my son would prefer yak), so that is a plus. More good news, all my rearranging of chickens into their new homes went better than expected. No one got hurt, and by the looks of the egg production it wasn't too stressful either. And isn't this beautiful fall weather wonderful!!! (I guess that is enough topics for one post Rolling Eyes )

2The Eggs They are A-Comin'... Empty Re: The Eggs They are A-Comin'... Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

foal0069

Congratts Chicken Team, got to love those eggs.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum