Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eggs From the Wetaskiwin Sale???? !!!!!!!

+2
Schipperkesue
pluckylady
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pluckylady

pluckylady

Hey all!....I picked up eggs from people at the Wetaskiwin sale for my daughter. Well everything is hatching! What a mess! Lol We didn't mark the eggs and for the life of me I can't remember what came from who?? I know some were turkey eggs from Gramma Art, and she has a few muscovy eggs but those aren't ready to hatch yet. So she has all these eggs hatching in the hatcher. Could all of you who so kindly brought eggs to Wetaskiwin please try to recall what I picked up for her??!!

Thanks All!!

Pluckylady

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Did I give you a couple Rouen eggs?

3Eggs From the Wetaskiwin Sale???? !!!!!!! Empty Eggs Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

pluckylady

pluckylady

Oh yes! Would they be the dark colored eggs? And weren't yours an assortment? Someone added 2 silkies in a mix.

Note to Self: Always mark eggs when picking up from various people at sales!

Pluckylady

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Someone got an assorted mix from me. DOnt know who. They just wanted something to put in thier incubator for thier daughter to hatch. There were silkies in that mix.

If you got them from me the shells will be marked with the breed and the date laid.

5Eggs From the Wetaskiwin Sale???? !!!!!!! Empty thanks! Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 pm

pluckylady

pluckylady

Ok that's great thank you. Some are marked with a 'C' and a date.

Pluckylady

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

hmmm, I marked the std cochin (blues and blacks) with a C or a Co, I used Ch for chanti (white). I used a black wax pencil to mark the eggs, could be from me. No idea.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

The duck eggs would be creamy white.

Arctic, poor you with all the 'c' breeds. I have the same dilemma. Cornish and Cochin.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:The duck eggs would be creamy white.

Arctic, poor you with all the 'c' breeds. I have the same dilemma. Cornish and Cochin.
Draw some corn on the egg and some feathers on the other, smiling. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sit back and watch them grow, you will know soon enough Very Happy you could make a game of it with your daughter

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:The duck eggs would be creamy white.

I had the same problem this year Sue most of my breeds started with "S"

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

cochins, cornish Std, cornish Banty, chanticler, and the occasional crossbred! No more cubalaya though. Phew.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

You picked up the guinea eggs from me! Don't think they were labelled anything, but will be the small pointy ones.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got some Guinea eggs that are due to hatch this Monday. I am pretty excited!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum