Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Priced Outta the Market??

+2
GoldenSeal
HigginsRAT
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 am

GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Oh wow that's NUTS!!

3Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well let's look at this Higgins. How big was the chicken?
I sell my birds for $3.50/lb and average birds are 5 lbs, so my price is $17.50. I feel my product is a great product and many others that raise grass fed birds charge way more, so the price in the store is not out of hand (other than it is not as good of product as I feed my family grown on my farm).

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The local AG is advertising whole chickens this week at $2.48 per lb. A 5 lb. chicken would be $12.40. A bag of chick starter is $14.75 per 20 kg. at present. I believe we are in for increased prices at the grocery store and I'm thankful for meals like we had last night made up of our own ground beef, fresh carrots and potatoes. Only the seasoning and the butter did not come from our farm. We are working on having our own dairy products.

5Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't forget to factor in the cost of your labor!

6Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We sell our farm raised chickens at $5.00 per lb, but may need to rethink that with the feed prices rising.

7Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm

GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

I wouldn't mind paying that price for farm raised chicken but that's expensive for store bought junk. You can get a whole cooked chicken from Walmart for cheaper than that too.

8Priced Outta the Market?? Empty Re: Priced Outta the Market?? Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:44 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I didn't have the patience or energy to price our processed cockerels by weight this year and sold them for a flat $15. I think our customers did ok. Suspect

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum