Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Noooooo...the S Word! Not Done Getting Ready YET!!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gosh Tara that is not a nice sight to see is it! Burr

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

HA! and they say I have potty mouth, Tsk tsk!! LOL

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh brrr....one half inch of ice already, now that is cold. We won't have that kind of freezing for a while yet, not sure when but at least middle of October. Don't know if I could ever deal with a short summer, I am such the opposite, love heat. The last two roses of summer, sigh...began to take down garden. We have had the mildew affect the zucchini and cucumbers, which means that definitely no more growth will occur, maybe a little, but not much. The pole beans, down too and picked the last of the beans, a good crop. No worries about frost kill yet, so everything else stayed. The corn is ripening too fast for the ears to remain properly covered and the ears are poking through the top of the leaves that cover the cobs, weird. Never seen that before and it is not good, I know that. Gotta probably pick all the corn that is displaying that. Makes me wonder if the cold is coming earlier this year than I expect. Cut all squash plants back to only fruit that may have a chance to mature a little more, not much time left -- the other little ones will be consumed as baby, and yummy, got lots of squash blossoms for dinners. Picked all the green tomatoes on one trellis that were of value to pick, the other trellises I left for a couple of more days, but they need to come down soon too. Always worry about the late season blight and we have had some rain over the past two days. Excellent crop so far, no blight, nice big juicy tomatoes. Gotta get some banana boxes to get them into cold storage in layers with newspaper between. I have the perfect spot, little does Daughter know, going into their back room in their house where my preserves are preserved, smiling. Gonna use up more of her counter space there. Not that she minds, but she may get some fruit flies flying round and round that room Razz . Ya, Tara, this is a reminder that ol man winter is on his way. Stuff to ready for those white days which come in November onwards til the beginning of March, blich. Can't stand winter and white cold ground. But then...those hashbrowns that you partook of yesterday and probably had seconds are, are certainly good ol' winter pack the weight on foods, and trust me, I too love the yummy comfort food of the cold winter days. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wouldn't that technically be frost? They can get frost in the tropics.

Just trying to soften the blow. I'm not particularly fond of the F-word either (by which I mean 'Frost', dang said it again.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snow was falling in Tofield to days ago. It is only a matter of time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum