Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good thing the grass was gone anyway . . .

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Our horses (three quarter horses and one mini) spend the days in the pasture in front of our house. We live right along a highway.

This afternoon as I was toodling around the house I happened to glance out a front window and notice a bit of dust. I thought I'd see what in the world the horses were doing running around so much that they raise a dust like that. I see horses running around like I suspected. Then I notice vehicles on the highway slowing to a crawl and a truck parked son the shoulder. Wanting a better view I stepped out the front door and now see that there is a vehicle in the ditch. There are occasional accidents along the highway, so I run in to put on shoes to go see if anyone needs help. As I an getting across the lawn the truck on the shoulder begins to slowly pull away and leave.

Still confused I continue out into the pasture to see what might have gone on. I notice the top wire from the fence on the ground and pieces of a vehicle and the fence at the end of the pasture missing. then I saw the tracks leading from the highway through the fence down my pasture and out the other end! They also went right into the wheel move in the neighbours field!

I called the RCMp and am waiting for them to come out.

At least the horses didn't really need the pasture as the grass is gone.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Is that ever bizarre! Glad the horses didn't get hurt or out! Wonder what happened?

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Unfortunately I have been in your situation several times. I have one pasture (four I rotate between) that always seems to get hit several times a year. Mostly in the winter. I no longer keep animals in this pasture in the winter at all. Only once has someone actually stopped and that was a trucker who had his truck stuck in the pasture. I usually end up repairing it. It is 40 ft away from the road and up a steep incline from the ditch. So very glad none of your horses got hurt. I am curious what the RCMP does for you though.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The RCs came and took a bunch of pictures, all the pieces of car and my statement. I guess the guy who stopped on the shoulder called them as well as someone whose yard she entered. I think she may have told them what happened and drove off. They got her plate number. It was a 70 year old woman driving. The police will be contacting us when the case goes to court so we can claim damages to repair the fence.

Craaazyy! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum