Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good thing I don't want to hatch right now.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

With the cold snap we just had, all the girls have gone on strike!! Shocked (actually we are still -15C at night, but not -25 anymore)
I was getting 7 eggs a day and now I am down to 1 trooper Am pullet laying daily and a Partridge Chant pullet that is every other day.
I suppose some of it is my fault as I moved them into breeding pens with new boys, but they just completely shut down production. "That'll show me" I bet is what they were thinkin!!
I hope they get back on track soon. Maybe the little break will be good for them and they will be going like gang busters by the end of February.
Anyone else have a slow down after the cold snap?

Last edited by coopslave on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is probably the move that slowed them down more than the cold. Or maybe the mixture of it? I think you are right in thinking it will be temporary and they will be laying like you want when you want to start hatching.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum