Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

??????Egg yolks equal to smoking??????

+10
KathyS
chickencrazygirl
jon.w
Fowler
Swamp Hen
call ducks
auntieevil
toybarons
ipf
Sultan
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Sultan

Sultan

intresting article. thoughts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

rubbish, IMO.

3??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interesting article. Don't think it's going to make me cut down on the number of eggs I eat though.

4??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Sultan

Sultan

ya sames

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

When is an egg not an egg?
Our free range chickens do not give the same eggs as those cage bound ones, so the study is far from complete. They haven't considered the oil the eggs are cooked in, what they are eaten with, or the method of cooking, all could change how the egg is digested. Plus they have used a survey method to determine the amount people are smoking and eating. There are so many confounding variables, this study isn't worth the computer it is printed on. Just another rubbish pile study they will rebut later.
IMHO

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

One thing jumps out at me. They did this "stduy" at a Heart Desise Clink. There were other factors for each patent. and i am sure it was not just the ldl that caused the bulding of the cartery wall of bad fats.

i am gonna say 'eat ya eggs!'

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

I agree, "The study subjects were typically referred to the clinic after having suffered a clot-induced stroke or a transient ischemic attack -- a "mini-stroke" in which symptoms may disappear quickly but which often presage a more serious stroke to come."

The paitients included in the study were already experiencing heart/artery issues. You know what else lots of people eat with eggs? Bacon! Mmmm... Twisted Evil Same thing, if your entire diet is made up of eggs fried in butter, then ya, maybe your gonna have a problem.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Eating eggs is bad?

Yet apparently they want us to swallow tripe and baloney as well as some B.S. (which I can't imagine is good for you).

Isnt this a great example of using context to manipulate information into a false conclusion? Ask what are they selling..their need for more money for more research?? Maybe the reporter was desperate for a story.

10??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

just tying to get us to eat more factory crap

11??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 am

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I saw it on the news as I was sat down for lunch with toast and 4 poached eggs Razz
What a joke, so I guess if your a smoker and egg eater your hooped. So thankful I am just an egg eater.
Makes you wonder who funded the reseach on the eggs v smoking.

Any way egg eatting I will never give up, such a great food

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

12??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

reneggaide wrote:Isnt this a great example of using context to manipulate information into a false conclusion? Ask what are they selling..their need for more money for more research?? Maybe the reporter was desperate for a story.

I agree...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

13??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:46 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I eat two eggs almost every morning for breakfast and my cholesterol is very good for my age (lets say I'll never see 49 again). When I enquired of my doctor whether it was healthy to eat as many eggs she told me to keep on doing so. According to her, as long as the cholesterol levels are good, its not an issue. So I'll go with her advise and keep frying those eggs!

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My husband and I eat at least 2 eggs a day, I cook with eggs, bake with eggs, our cholesterol is very low. Thank heavens our Dr is a gentleman farmer and eats eggs too. The study is skewed, in other words it is CR_P, if you know what I mean. We love our organic, free range eggs. Viva la chicken!

15??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

It's most likly a marketing thing to change us and get us on another product ! They push eggs ,then pork ,then beef ,and the wheel keeps turning .........................

16??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

What a crock of s#@t, always some b.s. Like vaccinations causing Autism, which was totally not true, look at all the damage that "study" caused. There is no better protein or whole food than home raised eggs.

17??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty eggs and heart troubles Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 am

jocelyn

Well, we eat a lot of eggs and have normal cholesterol. I had a nurse tell me once that 2 percent of the population reacts to dietary cholesterol, the rest don't. This is old info, so could be out of date...and just as subject to the 'publish or perish' thingy all researchers have to deal with. I wonder how much of medical info and best practices are driven by the US model of user pay, for profit, so with marketing involved. At 60, I am 'supposed to' have a lot of stuff wrong with me, and even the health care professionals are expecting that. I joined up for the Path survey of health outcomes, so they could have at least one healthy volunteer to follow, grin. It's a survey of 40 to 80 year olds, blood tests, height, weight, spit and urine samples, blood pressure...forget what else, then a questionaire plus permission to access your health care records over the next 20 or 30 years. At least they will be getting actual data, not preconceptions. At 60, I am 'supposed to' be on 5 prescriptions! Very Happy

18??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Empty Re: ??????Egg yolks equal to smoking?????? Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I'm having problems posting, and wonder if the V drug for ED is a black balled word.
My comment was regarding finding V in the coastal waters of Antarctica, and wondering if it would help get our whale populations up. Surprised
Also how our dependence on drugs is being fueled by medical practitioners being bought out and trained by the pharmaceutical giants.
At 82 my folks take no drugs, and it shocks doctors. Rather a shame and a sham.
We as a population should be healthy with all the medical advances, and instead we our making ourselves and the planet more sickly.
It seems anything that cannot be used to create wealth, is touted as being unhealthy. Guess eggs just aren't money makers -lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum