Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man I wish I had a Picture!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Man I wish I had a Picture! Empty Man I wish I had a Picture! Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So I bought a live trap yesterday. I had been borrowing one from JCE's Mom, but they are having their own predator issues. Yesterday, the fox killed and took one of my blue Ameracuana hens right in the pasture where my friend and I were visiting. The night before it caught Sequin, who screamed bloody murder in time for me to save her ( not before taking another Euskal Oiloa hen). Enough is enough. So I set the trap. Just caught a skunk. Hubby is now home and I told him it was now his job. Like I said, I set the trap. I went outside to see the box from the trap opened up so it was flat. I asked why? For a shield of course. Whatever. Hubby had his friend over. It was now 2 o'clock. My daughter was at a BBQ at her friend's house and called to ask if 10 or 15 people could come over to see our insanely friendly turkey, Peeps. Sure. Oh wait. We have a live skunk in a trap. So out I head armed with an old parka and rubber boots and loaded gun. Surely he will take care of it. Nope. Hubby and friend are hiding behind the makeshift shield and looking at it. I can hear the people walking down the street. Quietly I creep up on the sleeping skunk. Put my rifle between the bars and release the trigger. It's over in a second. The skunk never even woke up. Hmm. Until a week ago, I had never killed a thing. I am now up to 2 foxes and 3 skunks. Will never forget the two men hiding behing cardboard while I did the deed. As much as I hate killing, that was priceless.

2Man I wish I had a Picture! Empty Re: Man I wish I had a Picture! Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You are now a serial killer! That's someone who actually enjoys being the judge, jury and executioner! Twisted Evil

3Man I wish I had a Picture! Empty Re: Man I wish I had a Picture! Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

WRONG on you, Dark Wing Duck! A cereal killer is someone who has killed several Mini-Wheats. Or Cheerios. Or Captain Crunch. (hooray for Captain Crunch!) cheers

4Man I wish I had a Picture! Empty Re: Man I wish I had a Picture! Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Don't rain on my parade DWD. It was hard to do but needed to be done. I saw a bit of humour in it. Can't you?

5Man I wish I had a Picture! Empty Re: Man I wish I had a Picture! Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thats funny!
UNO, how did you know that I actually spelled like "cereal" the first time?!?!?! I actually caught it just before I clicked on the "send" button.

I know how frustrating it is to continually loose birds to predators. Good for you on learning the ways of the flock protector! Keep it up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum