Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mixing your own feed

+15
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
Magdelan
call ducks
Sweetened
Kimberly K
lazyfarmer
smokyriver
mirycreek
ChickenTeam
Michelle S
appway
Country Thyme Farm
Bowker Acres
KathyS
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Mixing your own feed - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing your own feed Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:44 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sue,

Can you remember who was selling chicken feed, in square plastic buckets or bags ( it had oyster shell mixed in) was also not pellets,

at the Wetaskiwin show a couple of years ago? At least I think it was the Wetaskiwin show. We fed our banties on it and they loved

it and did very well. The people that sold the feed were up around that area, somewhere. I can't find the bucket that says who they

were. I would love to buy from them again.

52Mixing your own feed - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing your own feed Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Kimberly K

Kimberly K

call ducks wrote:Where do you buy the supplement that you mix with the grains? Odd question but the local feed stores don't seem to carry a lot of stuff. Our main ag. sector is crops so our feed store carries products geared to that sector of ag.
I know my local co-op has a layer supplement you can buy and add to your grains. You can get it from UFA too I believe.

53Mixing your own feed - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing your own feed Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

lady leghorn wrote:Sue,  

Can you remember who was selling chicken feed, in square plastic buckets or bags ( it had oyster shell mixed in)  was also not pellets,

at the Wetaskiwin show a couple of years ago?    At least I think it was the Wetaskiwin show.    We fed our banties on it and they loved

it and did very well.  The people that sold the feed were up around that area, somewhere.   I can't find the bucket that says who they

were.   I would love to buy from them again.
That darned stuff had ground pea dust in it and being badly allergic to legumes the airborne dust played havoc with my allergies all weekend!

Liz should know where it came from.

54Mixing your own feed - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing your own feed Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry about your allergies Sue. Who is Liz?????

55Mixing your own feed - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing your own feed Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

lady leghorn wrote:Sorry about your allergies Sue.   Who is Liz?????
Here she is Liz, on ACE she is Newchickontheblock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum