Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mixing Turkeys and Chickens re: Blackhead

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mixing Turkeys and Chickens re: Blackhead Empty Mixing Turkeys and Chickens re: Blackhead Wed May 11, 2011 10:39 am

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

OK so here goes, I am a total turkey newbie. I have 4 new turkey poults that are 2 weeks old. One I am babysitting for a friend until it is old enough to go in with the rest of her turkeys. I have seen many people mix turkeys and chickens on the same property and never really gave it a second thought. I have a lot of chickens and hubby has a few ducks. The 6 ducks have a very large area of their own that is completely covered with netting. My plan is to have no ducks by fall (need more room for chicken ranging) Now back to the turkeys....do you have your chickens and turkeys in the same area? Is blackhead a given if you do mix them? Is this a total no no in the poultry world? Can I put the turkeys in with the ducks for now and then the land will be used for the chickens later? I have the poults in a cage with lamps in the house at this time but now I am getting apprehensive about moving them together later on. I know people will have varying opinions and experiences but really would like to know what you do and why!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum