Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WANTED electric poultry fencing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am thinking about having a go with this. I would like about 200 feet or so, as tall as possible, and of course for a reasonable price.

Does anyone have any experience with it?
Do you like it?
Where did you get it?

2WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty Re: WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:33 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I can see if I still have their number later, but a wool producers coop near Lethbridge gave me a pretty good price on 48" netting this spring.

http://countrythyme.ca

3WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty Re: WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:01 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

thank you! Very Happy

4WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty Re: WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:19 am

SherylVick

There is a place in rimbey that sells it, I have been thinking about buying some as well, but its expencive

http://www.thechickentown.ca

5WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty Re: WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Michelle S

I ordered mine from the co-op this spring Shannon. It is the Gallagher brand, they had it on sale for $230. I've got my broilers in it, and so far its great. You need a pretty big fencer on it.

6WANTED electric poultry fencing Empty Re: WANTED electric poultry fencing Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:51 pm

gubi

I have been using the electric flock nets for 7 years. It saves a lot of feed. The chickens don't fly over it because they can't land on top of it. You do need a good charger as the net does ground out a lot. Sometimes younger chicks will get out through the mesh but adults stay in well.
I bought two more nets this year from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Their price is similar to the wool growers price but they are local to me. I like the single spiked fence better. When the fence gets older the spikes can bend and if you have a double spiked pole it can be difficult to get it into the ground when the spikes are bent plus the single spike fence is $20 cheaper for a 164 foot roll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum